Cleaning RTS wheels

GrabUblue

Established Member
What do you guys use to clean your wheels? I recently picked up a used set and they're pretty spotted/ stained on the black caps and black face. They also look to have been plasti dipped at one time.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
On my previous car I had a set. I used mother's aluminum polish and it worked real good. Keep in mind I bought the wheels new and they were only used for the track so they never saw the rain or anything. Whatever you use look into a good quality sealer to keep them looking good.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
You bought that set that was for sale on fb? A mothers powerball with polish will bring out the black finish but doesnt fix a bent wheel

GrabUblue

Established Member
No I got them from a member. Ive used mothers before on other wheels, just wasn't sure if it was safe on the black.

What about the sealer? Ive never used any.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I was hesitant to touch the black finish with anything. In between polishing the wheel id hit them with an aluminum cleaner that worked well. I used the wrong cleaner one time and it stained the black finish. I was sick to my stomach... Google searched and found a guy with a cts-v did the same as me.

He managed to bring his wheels back from dead with mothers polish and a power ball on the black finish. I followed suit and it worked just like he said.

Users who are viewing this thread