Cleaning rotors after detailing car...

03kevo

Established Member
I have black rims. Everytime i clean the car, the rotors always end up with corossion. If i drive with the rotors when, they put brown liquid rust on the rims. If i let the rotors dry and drive, they leave brown rust dust on the rims. Its driving me nuts.

Anybody with this problem and how are you solving it.

Thanx

HIonPSI

Established Member
I always go around the block with my car after I finish washing it...gets the corrosion off the rotors with no water spots. But then again, I dry my car (and wheels) with a leaf blower :thumbsup:

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I always go around the block with my car after I finish washing it...gets the corrosion off the rotors with no water spots. But then again, I dry my car (and wheels) with a leaf blower :thumbsup:

+1 on the leaf blower. Less you touch the paint, the better.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

I do go around the block too and then wipe off rims

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tispho

Established Member
Maybe you should drive around to clean up the rotors, then wipe down the wheels with quick detailer.

HIonPSI

Established Member
Metro sidekick for me. Wish I had the master blaster though.

Same here, they are awesome but I cant justify spending that much money essentially on a vacuum. I use an old leaf blower and it does the job just fine :shrug:

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
What do you use on your wheels? It may be that a chemical in the cleaner is having a reaction with your rotors. Mine did that for awhile when i used a chrome spray cleaner on my wheels. The rotors would get white spots on them. Switched cleaning products and they went away.

Users who are viewing this thread