Cleaning/Restoring Under Hood Insulation

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
Hey guys,
I'm looking for ideas of the easiest ways to clean or restore my hood insulation blanket. It's not that dirty but it has some water type spots all over it in places. I've read on several forums that you can spray it with tire foam and get great results. Has anyone here tried that?
Thanks

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
Yeah, I've heard that to. I don't know why but I'd kind of like to keep it on there. It's the only thing under the hood that looks like shiz. Everything else is clean as a whistle.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I put a new one on mine, cost about 100. I would have left it off, but mine looks like super shit under the hood and at car shows etc I like to pop the hood

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
You guys crack me up "toss it in the trash" and "set it free" LoL
I really do appreciate the input. I think I'm probably in the minority because I'd like to keep it, for now anyway.
I ended up doing the tire foam trick. I covered the engine with a tarp, cleaned it with a soft bristle upholstery brush, and coated the hell out of it with tire foam.
I let it set for about 20 minutes and then just wiped it down with a microfiber towel. I'm pretty happy with the results. It actually turned out looking really good and all of the water stains are gone. Easy enough I guess. I also went ahead and cleaned the engine bay. I pretty much wasted my time on that because it's getting ready to pour down rain. Oh well, I just enjoy tinkering with it. Thanks again

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread