Cleaning/Polishing products?

DaFreak

Established Member
Hi Van,

Can you make any money selling cleaning/polishing products? I buy them all the time (especially detail spray and cleaning wax) and would prefer buying from you. Let us know what you think.

TexasShelby

Established Member
If you don't sell them Van, you might talk to Adam's Polishes about a dealership or something. Great products and would be nice to get them from y'all.

ironpeddler

Established Member
Screw all the crap you buy from the stores, they are junk. ADam's polishes are only a little better than what you can buy from a O'reillys or autozone, which is like Meguiars. I used to think Meguiars was good lol, they suck. And Adams polishes is already sponsored by GM for their official car cleaning products.

The best by far, when it comes to car cleaning products, is Griot's Garage. If you have not ever tried or heard of them, check them out. It will put Adams or whatever other cleaning products you use to shame. They are not the most well know, they are not sold in many stores, by they are the best by far IMHO. Might be a little more expensive than the other products but again well worth it IMHO. I will never use anything but Griots on my cars from now on.

Van, if you were going to look into a cleaning/polish line I would urge you to check out Griots Garage and see if you can be a dealer for them. Maybe you could try a couple of their products out before-hand but I do not think you or anybody else here would be disapointed using a Griots product on their car.

DaFreak, Texasshelby, I would highly recommend picking up a product or two from Griots for your next detailing session and try them out. I have used alot of different cleaning/polish brands and they didn't really compare to the Griots stuff.

Just my 2cents.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Screw all the crap you buy from the stores, they are junk. ADam's polishes are only a little better than what you can buy from a O'reillys or autozone, which is like Meguiars. I used to think Meguiars was good lol, they suck. And Adams polishes is already sponsored by GM for their official car cleaning products.

You do realize that you can buy Griot'$ at Advance Auto Parts, among other auto stores, right? So Griot'$ is junk? Location of purchase doesn't always equate to quality.

Anyway, I use Adam's more often than not now. The VRT and In/Out spray are outstanding. Griot'$ doesn't have a similar product to In/Out nor does their exterior stuff repel water or hold up as long, from my experiences. Other good products include Menzerna, Pinnacle souveran wax (carnuba...$80 a tin...layer over a good synthetic base = awesome), Klasse, etc.

Last edited:

RCRAMIE

Established Member

The best by far, when it comes to car cleaning products, is Griot's Garage. If you have not ever tried or heard of them, check them out. It will put Adams or whatever other cleaning products you use to shame. They are not the most well know, they are not sold in many stores, by they are the best by far IMHO. Might be a little more expensive than the other products but again well worth it IMHO. I will never use anything but Griots on my cars from now on.

Van, if you were going to look into a cleaning/polish line I would urge you to check out Griots Garage and see if you can be a dealer for them. Maybe you could try a couple of their products out before-hand but I do not think you or anybody else here would be disapointed using a Griots product on their car.

DaFreak, Texasshelby, I would highly recommend picking up a product or two from Griots for your next detailing session and try them out. I have used alot of different cleaning/polish brands and they didn't really compare to the Griots stuff.

Just my 2cents.

What kind of problems did you have with Meguiars?

ironpeddler

Established Member
You do realize that you can buy Griot'$ at Advance Auto Parts, among other auto stores, right? So Griot'$ is junk? Location of purchase doesn't always equate to quality.

Anyway, I use Adam's more often than not now. The VRT and In/Out spray are outstanding. Griot'$ doesn't have a similar product to In/Out nor does their exterior stuff repel water or hold up as long, from my experiences. Other good products include Menzerna, Pinnacle souveran wax (carnuba...$80 a tin...layer over a good synthetic base = awesome), Klasse, etc.

I guess I should have been more specific. ARound where I am from, most of the auto stores are Autozones and O'Reillys. I probably do have an Advance auto somewhere around me, and I should look into that and see what they carry. But the stores that I go to sell junk, hence my comment about "junk". They do not have Adams or Griots.

No shit, location of purchase doesn't always equal quality. Thanks for sharing that captian obvious.

ironpeddler

Established Member
What kind of problems did you have with Meguiars?

Again, as I said in my first post this is all IMHO. I am not by any means a expert in the field of car detailing or whatever you want to call it.

I have tried numerous products. I used to use Meguiars alot becuase that was all the auto store next to me carried. I guess "junk" was the wrong word, so I will try and re-phrase. In my experiences with a few different car care products, I have found that I like Griot's the best. It's not that Meguiars or Adams or whoever else you want to put in there, doesn't work at all, it's just that IMHO I have not found anything that works as well for me as Griots. Meguiars works, just not as good as Griots. I am sure that whatever you use will work, whatever store you buy it at, will work, but I like Griots the best.

I actually had never used Griots till about 3 months ago when I got a new F150 for my DD. It was the first time I had used the Griots products and I was really was suprised at how much I liked them. I can't wait to get my Shelby out of the shop so I can detail it with griots products also.

This is all just my opinion.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks for clearing that up....

DaFreak

Established Member
What brands do you use?

Hi Van,

Currently I use a mix of Mequiars (detail spray,clay), Zymol (waxes), and Mothers (on plastic). However, I'm not opposed to trying others. Let me know if this is something you might be carrying soon. I need to order some more detail spray and cleaning wax in the near future.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread