Cleaning oil out of intake

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
So I finally found why my car was smoking so bad and the problem is pushing oil into the intake. I'm correcting the problem with a jlt pre filter but was wondering what is a good safe cleaner to use on my intake pipe and blower. Is there somthing I can do to clean on that oil out. The car has a kb 2.6 and is on e85

X3FBrian

Established Member
Your intercooler is probably caked in oil and you'll never get it clean without removing it, cleaning it, and installing catch cans afterwards.

Last edited:

Bigggy

Established Member
Your intercooler is probably caked in oil and you'll never get it clean without removing it, cleaning it, and installing catch cans afterwards.

Like he said, the IC will be the hardest part to clean. I've just removed mine and I will probably be sending it to sonic cleaning, cause with normal cleaners, the outside is looking great, but the inside is still full of oil. I've personally used engine parts cleaner and it worked pretty well with the Intake manifold.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member

Great lol that should be fun..! I had a catch can on the driver side just not the pass. So is the water in the ic contaminated with oil. I haven't looked yet

X3FBrian

Established Member
I've read countless times that simple green on the intercooler works well. It may take a lot but just spray and spray and spray and rinse and rinse and rinse until the water comes out clean.

X3FBrian

Established Member
Great lol that should be fun..! I had a catch can on the driver side just not the pass. So is the water in the ic contaminated with oil. I haven't looked yet

Probably not. I have a stock blower 40k car and I changed my intercooler fluid last year. It still looks brand new. I can only imagine my intercooler looks like hell though.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just recently swapped blowers and cleaned my intercooler with brake cleaner. I spent more time cleaning that than installing the blower. Or it sure felt like it! My car has 26k miles on it. I also have a jlt oil separator and oil still makes it past it.

Users who are viewing this thread