Cleaning K&N

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Need to clean the GenII FIPK K&N CAI. Its real dirty....

Anyone have any suggestions? I was guessing I remove it and flush water from the inside, let dry and re-oil.

Thought I would check in here first......since you all know your stuff better than I.

Any help would be appreciated.....

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Just go buy a K&N filter recharge kit and follow the directions. :) It is basically what you listed, wash from the inside, let dry, reoil, let it sit for a few hours and make sure you don't have a ton of excess oil on the filter so you don't foul your mass air sensor, then install.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Get the aerosol can it is easier to re-oil

1BDSNK

Established Member
K&N makes a kit for cleaning the filter. It's cost about $15.00 and you can pick them up at Murray's or Autozone. It's called a K&N recharger kit #99-5000

The kit contains a bottle of cleaning solution and a spray can of red oil. Spray the cleaning solution on the filter and rinse with water and let dry. For best results, make sure the filter is completely dry before spraying it with the oil. And you should be good to go.

This is how I've been doing it, but some just replace the filter with a new one. You can buy new filters from K&N. Last time I checked I think they were about $58.00 for the replacement filter. I plan to clean mine a few times until it no longer looks good and then replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread