Cleaning imrcs, doing new spark plugs and wires. What else should i do while im at it

cobrarob2345

Established Member
Exactly as the title reads i am doing new spark plugs and wires and cleaning the imrcs. Wondering what are some things i may want to replace while doing this or other things i should tackle at the same time while i was at it. Any help is much appreciated

cobrarob2345

Established Member
I am having a shop do it thankfully. What gaskets or seals shoudl I replace while in there if any. What type of issues arose for you?

Martin6107

Established Member
Have your shop clean and flow match the injectors while they are out of the car. They should be reassembling with new o-rings on the injector - but just ask. And make sure your shop replaces the o-rings on the ends of each IMRC butterfly shaft.

cobrarob2345

Established Member
Nice thanks guys. Will most shops know how to do something like this. The place i go has some serious builds so i figure they would know whats up. But im sure its not someing they see all the time

Martin6107

Established Member
The work is pretty straight forward with just basic tools and a good torque wrench needed for reassembly. The shop should be pretty well versed in the routine, but it never hurts to ask questions to confirm. You can always ask about the gaskets they plan to replace along the way. Their answers will tell you just how familiar they are with your particular engine.

cobrarob2345

Established Member
Just did the fuel filter. What about a pvc valve and gasket. How much would something like this typically cost roughly.

Users who are viewing this thread