Cleaning Grease Off the Alacantara

Cosmicdrifter

Established Member
I have a 2003 Terminator with 5,000 miles on it. It is without any blemishes and I am about to put it on the market. I just turned 70 and I just don't drive it anymore. Only put 3,000 on it in the 3 years I've owned it.

Went to fill it up a month ago and evidently the hose had some grease on it that brushed up against my jeans. I get in the car and when I get out, there is a small smudge of black grease on the alcantara.

Done some Googling, but no definitive answer. One upholstery guy said lighter fluid with a soft cloth and then blast it with air to blow out the dried grease. Sounds suspicious.

Anyway, any ideas?

ninty9cobra

Established Member
Try Woolite and warm water 50/50 mix and a soft brush. I bought some used 2003 cobra seats for my 1999 cobra and it cleaned up the grease mark on mine.

Last edited:

TMIProducts

Established Member
Try Woolite and warm water 50/50 mix and a soft brush. I bought some used 2003 cobra seats for my 1999 cobra and it cleaned up the grease mark on mine.

My exact recommendation - not a ton of water, and have a towel ready to brush, wipe, brush wipe, it should help that stain.

svtaddict

Established Member
i used some qtips and alcohol to clean some spots on my seats and they came out perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread