Cleaning Borla Stingers?!?

SONICBOOST

Established Member
I have searched already and found only one thread about this. I have the Borla Stinger cat-back and my tips have build-up on them and will not come off!! I have tried mothers, eagle one, never-dull, the rolled edge is all black too and its buggin the hell out of me, i want them to shine like they did when i bought them. ANY suggestions>?? Any at all??? Help me out guys. :shrug:

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Thanks for the link, i saw that post before, i have tried all that stuff and still have a little build up on the tips. I will try the steel wool and de-greaser but other than that i guess i'm screwed. lol

PDubs

Established Member
I bought mine used and it had some rubber stuck on them. I used a mild abrasive, bug/tar remover over and over, and finished with NeverDull and those tips gleam!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you have built up road/tar/gunk...etc, try some PB Blast penetrating lube. Takes just about anything off. You may also want to try some Kerosene. Either of these will take off the buildup.

Should come off with a couple of applications and some patience.
Then follow up with some Mothers, Simichrome, or Never Dull.

dtd01svt

Established Member
Try using a 3" round wire brush on a drill. Just a thought. I remember doing my bushing install in my IRS and seeing how CLEAN AND VERY SMOOTH they came out!
I've never heard anyone doing this, its just a thought.

Last edited:

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Well i just came in from the garage and am very pleased with how everything turned out :-D I just used Bug and tar remover, then some more, then a little bit more, then used some steal wool, then this metal polish called X-Treme metal polish, i got it from my uncle, its in a little black container and the cotton is pink, it seriously puts never dull to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread