Cleaning airfilter on Vorteched Cobra???

BlackCobra96

Anyone have success doing it? If so, could you provided detailed instructions. I spent a few hours trying to access it, both from underneath the car and through the engine bay, but with no luck. It seems like the easiest way would be to pull the fender, which would be ridiculous.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
pull the tire and the inner fenderwell.

2 bolts/screws and a few plastic clips.

piece of cake.

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
yeah, easiest way is to take out ur wheel and then the fenderwell. I do the same with my friend's car that has a CAI.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Geez, this isn't rocket science guys. Granted, it's a tight spot but it's not impossible to access. Just raise and support the front of the car, reach up and pull it off with a bit of wiggling. When ready to re-install, back off on the clamp, spray the inside of the filter opening with a bit of silicone lubricant, slip the filter back up on to the air horn, and tighten the clamp. Lower the car. Done!
Mine's on the workbench right now letting the oil dry out. Spring is just about here!

Last edited:

torchred2000gt

Established Member
With my 2000 Gt with the V-2SQ that Cory and I installed (it's cheaper that way, took a case of Mountain Dew) I always pulled the inner fender well to pull the filter out. It was just easier for me that way.
Rob

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Raise and support car:
t4za6v.jpg

Reach up behind bumper facia, loosen clamp, and pull filter out.
Clean and re-oil:
t4zczl.jpg

To re-install first locate air horn up in the fender (Note: hooks on opposite corners support my home-brew cold air induction through fog light hole in bumper fascia):
t4zfde.jpg

Then insert filter and tighten clamp:
t4zgog.jpg

HINT: Pull lower bumper facia pin to allow left arm/hand easy access to the filter
Finally I re-install my CAI system:
t4zpdd.jpg

SNAKEYE is ready for 2006 cruisin'!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread