Cleaned up the new SMP Waxmobile

Scott P

Established Member
I might as well post these pics here. The wife brought home her new Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring about a month ago. I finally got a chance to polish and wax it last weekend. The color is Stormy Blue Metallic and is beautiful in the sun.

The paint really needed to be clayed. The fallout and contamination in the Houston air is wicked bad. After claying, I hit it with Menzerna Micro Polish on a White CCS Polishing Pad. It's still my favorite final polish. Nano Polish would also be a great choice, but I'm trying to use this stuff up first.

I then chose to go with Optimum Poli-Seal. The more I use this product, the more I like it. I usually choose Polish with Carnauba - Blue as my favorite all-in-one, but Poli-Seal now holds that title for me. I used it at a medium speed with a black CCS finishing pad. It left the paint nice and slick and really let the metal flake sparkle. I ran out of time (it was a busy weekend), so I didn't use a wax or sealant on top. I did toss on a coat of Optimum Car Wax after washing it during the week though. I might stick with that regimen, or switch over to Opti-Seal or EX-P.

Here are the pics for your viewing pleasure:

front_side.jpg

back.jpg

A shot of the pretty metal flake:

IMG_0243.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread