Clean Whipple Pics and Opinions

spanky777will

Established Member
well i've got 300 miles on the kit and figured i would pop in and give an update. First i absolutely love this setup. It looks great and performs great. I have no noises from the kit, no lockups etc, besides the slight procharger whine at idle. The power comes in very quickly. mated up with my converter it doesn't take long to get the tires spinnin. One thing i noticed is how much more low end this thing has compared to the eaton. Just giving enough gas to get to zero boost puts you back in your seat and lifts the front end up a good bit. As for a dyno the closest one i would trust is in phoenix 125 miles away. there is 1 dynojet in town but it is a dump, it's ricerville, and a friend went and they had to remove 4 engines sitting on the dyno off to get his on so screw that. also i plan on trailering up my truck. Anyway i cleaned up my truck including the motor and here are some pics:

normal_Picture%20105.jpg

normal_Picture%20095.jpg

normal_Picture%20096.jpg

normal_Picture%20097.jpg

normal_Picture%20098.jpg

Gotta throw in a pic of the truck(threw on a coat of NXT):
normal_Picture%20104.jpg

sorry for the ****ty pics. no sooner than i pull the truck out of the garage i get overcast skys. Damn monsoon season

Will

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
that is wicked bad!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

overall, is that blower louder than the eaton??? you referenced "procharger whine", I have heard 5.0's with prochargers and they are crazy sounding!!

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What other mods are you running? How much Boost? Stock Internals?

Get that baby to the dyno ASAP, we're dying here

Fuggin awsome man :rockon:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
if you want it detailed id be willing to give it a tongue bath...err...did I say that? beatiful!! dad gum whipple place is about 15 minutes from my house, think if I broke in theyd notice if a few setups were missing?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
White Whine said:
if you want it detailed id be willing to give it a tongue bath...err...did I say that? beatiful!! dad gum whipple place is about 15 minutes from my house, think if I broke in theyd notice if a few setups were missing?
if you go that route ill be the getaway driver :thumbsup:

NorCalLightning

Silver Is Best!!
Established Member
If it sounds like the Works blower, it is not at all as loud as the KB. I've spoken to someone that's owns a Works 140 (basically the Whipple blower with a different intake) and he states it's actually quiet compared to the KB. I wouldn't think the new design Whipple blower would be much louder IMO. Not that that's bad. It does look nice though.

Now go get some dyno and track #'s. :cuss:

Steve

JJ@WMS

Banned
Looks good Will. You gonna get a mail order tune or have someone local tune it? Very interested in your results.

My Dad lives in Scottsdale and he called me yesterday to tell me that it was officially 117 degrees out there... Damn thats hot.

Keep the updates coming.

JJ@WMS

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Looks nice. Too bad that Whipple said the earliest they can have them by is September due to fact that they are at the mercy of a company in Sweden for parts as quoted by Whipple on the phone. And, that was their best guess. Something is amiss here, but aleast you got one, and it does look beautiful.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
PimpRohr said:
Is that the best cleaning job you could give it!?!?! JK man. looks good :rockon:

Yeah it was the best he'd give it, I cleaned it. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread