claybared the cobra

sick03cobra

you made Terminator mad!
Established Member
So I stopped off at autozone and picked up a claybar kit...never done it before and when I started i was thinking " this is not doing shit"...i was wrong those things work really good...i need to invest in a PC

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I just claybared my cobra today and i didn't visually see much difference but the paint was smoother than glass to the touch (which claybars work great on too). Atleast a full detail isn't inline every week as i spent 6 hours doing my car today

rage_svt

Established Member
They work really well on hard water spots. I had a bunch of spots on my SRT from a sprinkler that sprayed my car every morning, the bar took the spots right out.

sick03cobra

you made Terminator mad!
Established Member
yeah im sure the effects are much more noticable on darker cars, mine is silver. i gotta get a PC and then its on.

69Mach1351w

Established Member
yeah claying the car is a huge benefit. My dads Ford GT 05 was clayed and it never felt/looked better. Couple that with zaino and new body lines appear to pop out. I cleared up my front headlights with the clay bar and they look alot better.

sbrooks

Established Member
i normally do my car twice a year. I love the smooth feel that it gives to the car and yes it does get rid of the water spots

BULLITT - 566

Established Member
Claybars definitely take out the crap from the pours of the paint (tree sap, hard water spots, etc.) Follow that up with a good wax and you're set. The claybar treatment prior to waxing really makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread