"Claybar-ed" the cobra, ran out of light! ZAINO users....

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Question for you zaino gurus out there....

I just finished washing and claying the entire car, and boy does it look good...
However, I read that you need to wash the car right after the claybar process...
Now, I ran out of sunlight over here, and wanted to make sure I could simply re-wash the car tomorrow, THEN start the waxing process?
Thanks for your help guys!:beer:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
I don't see why not. Just make shure it's in the garage and if you have a cover not really need but could be used for extra protection. If you leave it outside then I would reclay in the morning but that's just me.

lifter213

Established Member
I would think you'd be ok. Just maybe rinse it off tonight and put it in the gararge (if available) and then just wash it in the morning.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Don't sweat it. Unless your car gets attacked by a flock of condors overnight, there won't be anything on the surface that a wash won't cure.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-18&Category_Code=Zaino

is a pliable, synthetic bar that quickly and safely removes imbedded contamination from all glass and painted surfaces. Used for years by automobile manufacturers and auto body shops, paint cleaning clay is an excellent choice for removing contamination that cannot be removed using conventional cleaning methods.

When you're finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film. Finally, seal your freshly cleaned paint with your choice of Z-2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-3 Show Car Polish for Non-clear Coated Paint, or Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.

Can problie get away with it. Your just preping the car for the polish. If it's in the garage and can't get any further contaminates (Rail dust, Brake Dust, Industrial Fallout, Tree Sap, Road Tar, Bug Residue, and Paint Overspray, and Acid Rain Deposits ) I did one coat of z-5 and did the rest in the morning and I did'nt seem to have any problems. I just moved the car into the garage when it was starting to get dark. It's up to you though. Your call. Hope this helps.

PDubs

Established Member
You're just exposing the car's coat to the elements. So keep it covered in the garage and you'll be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread