Classic Car Insurance?

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
So question i currently have USAA for insurance on my 2003 Cobra and my 1969 beetle. Does anyone here have Hagerty or Grundy insurance? if so please let me know your experience with them because i would like to insurance my vehicles to what they are value at. Thanks in advance.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I got a quote at one point when I had my Cobra and while it is way cheaper they told me it would only really be covered if I was to be doing a car cruise or car show etc and that if I where to wreck it from my house to the store it wouldnt be coverd so I just stuck with my regular insurance.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i have american collectors insurance. only stipulation is it has to be garaged. cant daily drive it but you can drive it to work every now and then
http://www.americancollectors.com/

pay about $600 a year for full coverage with value to $40k. zero deductible and about $1 million policy.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I just went through shopping around, Grundy is the one that was very strict is usage limitations - no driving to work ever, no trips to the store etc...
I ended up with Hagerty because they allow you to do those things so long as you arent doing it "frequently"

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
I end up going with American Collectors which is recommended by USAA and they only charge me $340 a year which is not bad at all. Plus i only drive my car on good weathers-weekends only or to cruises and car shows :D

Chipofsc

Established Member
I tried to go with Hagerty but they told me my everyday car had to be 2010 or newer. I drive a 2005 trunda but they would not sell me insurance due to my truck was too old. I was limited to 3500 miles a year and that would not be a problem due to I only drive it maybe a 100 miles a month. Now I'm with Allstate and pay 800 a year for full coverage and and it is only valued at 10.000 bucks. Hagerty was going to cover it for 500 a month for total value of 20.000. I need classic car insurance but can't find any.

Chipofsc

Established Member
I called American Collector today and they wanted 500 a year with 500 deductible on 20.000 coverage. They also said I could only use it for car shows and club events. If I was in a accident I would have to prove I was at one of these events. Limited to 2500 mile a year. The mile would not be a problem but I want to enjoy the car without going to just car shows.

SuperTuff1

Established Member
I've been shopping around as well. Grundy has the best prices for insurance, nearly cutting my premium to half what I pay through USAA. While they state on their application under "Coverage is contingent upon compliance with the following conditions" under "Use" and statement number 2., "My vehicle(s) will not be used frequently for regular driving such as driving to and from work or school, shopping, errands, general transportation, or back-up use.", talking to the representative on the phone confirms that in fact, any of it is a no-go. I'm not risking that because every once in a while I do take the car to work or use it to run an errand.

Hagerty for me was more expensive than my insurance although there is an agreed value on the car. American Car Collector's is less than $100 cheaper than my regular insurance but with an agreed value as well. Both are more lenient on Grundy's stipulation above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread