Clarification on metra harness for double din

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
Hey guys. Been a while since I’ve posted, but I finally pulled the trigger on some parts for the car and plan on doing some if not all in the next few weeks. So, that being said, I know this topic has been beat to absolute death, but I have a question about installing a double din. I’ve noticed that some people are saying to use the metra harness 70-5510 and some are saying 70-5511. I can’t really tell the difference because they both seem to work from what google says. I noticed one has RCA’s and one doesn’t. I’m hearing mixed things, but I want to make sure I do it correctly. I plan on keeping the factory mach460 system as it still works perfectly. So which one is the one I want??

jgt58

Established Member
Ugh Mach 460.....

The metra harness I used in the 96 never would take correctly. Too lose. Pick your poison. Get the ones with rcas if your new deck has rcas in the back

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jman37

Established Member
Agreed with the above, I was scratching my head when I put my harness together and thought I had it wrong when it's basically only 4 wires you need then the rest is the RCA cables. I didn't have an issue installing mine though and works great, sound is way better as well.

Users who are viewing this thread