CL65 vs a few cars

blackvette101

Established Member
Hey guys I had a chance to get some racing in last night trying to get videos now but i thought i'd post up the kills. The car isn't mine but it is a 2008 CL65 AMG with renntech ecu/tcu tune.

First race was a 3 way starting at 60ish mph.

The other cars were a APR stage3+ GTI that wouldn't tell us his numbers but the website claims 450whp. The second car was my buddies evo 9 with FP black turbo making exactly 529 AWHP. both cars got the jump on the benz and the gti went before everybody on the second honk. The evo was about a car ahead of the gti and I was at the gti's bumper up until about 110 mph that when the evo shut down still a car ahead. But me and the GTI stayed in it and right around 120 i came around him like he hit the brakes and just ran away on him. He stayed in until about 150 mph and I took it to 170 mph at that time he was about 10-12 car lengths back.

second race was me, same evo and a C6 Z06 with offroad midpipe at a 50 roll. Race goes and the evo puts about 1 car length on the benz and stays there. Z06 fell asleep at the hit and is holding about half a car length back on me. The evo once again shut down at 110 mph and me and the Z06 stayed in it until alittle over 140. At around 115 the Z06 slowly came around me and by 140+ he was 1 car length ahead and slowly moving away.

It's looking like the evo blew his motor too. We came back and the engine bay was covered in oil. Looks like a piston is not sealing anymore and the crankcase is getting pressurized.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
How long did the evo have that setup? Sucks if he just got it running at that power and the car just takes a poop. Sounds like some nice runs though. Upload them vids OP :beer:

blackvette101

Established Member
How long did the evo have that setup? Sucks if he just got it running at that power and the car just takes a poop. Sounds like some nice runs though. Upload them vids OP :beer:

trying to get vids asap. Evo had it for about a year but its not a daily driver so less the 5k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread