CL600 smoked

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
So, I am visitng St. Louis for the weekend. I was out at Mike Shannon's yesterday night for dinner. As I was leaving around 11:00, I'm on Market St. heading West. I get next to a brand spanking new CL600 Mercedes. There are two guys in it. I didn't look that hard. I was tired. We get off the light and then he steps on it after 2 seconds and pulls right in front of me. From the way it was shifting I could tell it's an automatic. I had just put my new cat-back on and he thought I was stepping on it or something, but I really wasn't. Next light, I'm ready to go. He got on the right lane again and I pull up on the left a little behind him on purpose. He hits it right when the light turns green. I get on it and pull up beside him on first. Shit to second and stay with him till about 3500 RPM. I stayed with him so that I don't start hoping (cold night - cold tires) and just to see what he's got. His car is screaming at that point. So, I floor it at 3500 and blow so much smoke on him that I've never done on any other car. He was 3 cars behind by the time I got to 6000. I had not heard my exhaust at WOT till that point either. Man, this thing is loud at WOT. It was funny as hell. I wish someone was with me. I would have stayed on but I had to turn on Jefferson. Oh well. I enjoyed seeing a $100,000 in my rear view...

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Awesome -- I guess it is pretty common for people to think you are WOT with a catback and a blower....

I remember reading story like this not to long ago here...

Good kill.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hrmm. Bone stock, a new CL600 will trap 116 MPH. The 600s typically spin in 1st and pull like a freight train through 2nd and 3rd - thus I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how you could put 3 cars on one from 3500-6000 RPM in 2nd. Are you trapping 130+ with your mods?

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Well, to be honest I'm no drag racer. I don't like it so much. I'd rather road race. 3 cars was my estimate from what I could see in the mirror. Maybe the guy shut down, too, I'm not sure. We were going pretty fast at that point. There were no other cars close, so I don't see why he would shut down. From what I read in these forums, 130+ trap speed would be too much with my mods. Other than what's in my sig, I have the cat-back now. Maybe his trunk was loaded, I don't know. But it sure felt good to see him back there after he asked for it.

Users who are viewing this thread