CJ setup... headers needed?

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
So I plan to order a 4C stall in a few weeks. I wanna go with a CJ setup, but I may be boosting it next year, and may be going turbo... so not sure I wanna go with headers yet. Anyone running a CJ setup with stock manifolds? :shrug:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I just installed my CJ set up with Drew's CAI (which is amasome) I have stock headers but lethal off road hpipe. I was thinking about getting long tube headers but I think $600 for installing these are crazy expensive and idk about doing this on my back. Also would run high flow cats so not sure if there would more of a gain then what my current set up is. I do not have any numbers as I have yet to drive the car

01bluesnake

Established Member
Yep, my car was running stock manifolds and ran great. Headers will gain you definitely more power though if in your budget, I just wanted to see what I could do with out them.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Tasca has the best pricing so far on the SCJ T body, minus getting a used one. Oil pump gears are highly recommended when spinning the motor that high. Can you get away with the stock ones? Sure, but they can also fail as they weren't designed to be used for that high of an rpm. It's safe insurance but a lot of guys have gotten away with stock, including me.

Voltwings

Established Member

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
headers are never required, but they will obviously help, and sound great. just have to decide which power adder your going through first

Users who are viewing this thread