CJ Pony Parts Customer Appreciation Day

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Anyone ever been to this...and anyone planning on going? Thinking maybe if a bunch of us were going we could meet up somewhere and drive up together???

linky

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Thanks for the post.. never knew they did that. I'll be there. If some more people are interested I'd be up for cruising in together. I'm from Camp Hill, where are you from?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I'm from Morgantown...about 45 mins west of Philly...an hour east from Harrisburg.

My buddy and I are planning on going up early...its from 9 to 2 I believe. A cruise would be cool, I'm sure a bunch of other guys would be up for it as well.

Cookieman00x - I posted a link on my first post with details of the event. Basically CJ Pony Parts every year has a "open house" of sorts with a car show. Looks like fun. My buddy has gone the past couple of years and said its a pretty good time.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Dam! I wish I'd have seen this before, I was trying to do the same thing ebfore this show.

I was there, though.......and saw your car! Very nice! Was looking for you to ask a couple questions. Don't know if you saw mine, it is in my sig, '98 Cobra vert. I had it parked near the entrance to the feild where you were parked, by the yellow SC Cobra kit.

Great show, though! If you guys wanna see some pics I took, go here:

http://metroareamustangsandfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30064#post30064

Oh yeah, and here's a pic of your car I got!

100_0084.jpg

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Dreddstang I did see your Cobra...infact I took a picture of it because I liked it so much! Clean Cobra.

Yes that is my car...how did you know??? Nice picture, thank you :beer:

That was a great show...free food...and over 200 stangs. On the way down, my buddy(the 93 Black GT in back of my ride) and I got off the turnpike and got in a line of 5 mustangs on the way to CJ's...it was pretty cool.

Maybe I'll catch you at the next show :)

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
I saw your sig and figured that had to be your car. Thanks for the compliments, too. I just need to clean under my hood a bit more, not quite asw nice looking as yours.

Also, did you notice I am missing a speaker grill in the back seat? CJ had one for $12.00! I ordered it and it should be here in about a week or so. Can't wait to get that fixed! Also need to get a boot to cover the top when it's down. Guy I bought my car from lost it! :rolleyes:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Yeah I did notice that you were bootless! The foam sticks out like a soar thumb that is between the seat and the top internals. That sucks the guy you bought it from lost that...thats pricey to replace. But hey, the guy I bought my car from lost the locking lug nut, so I couldn't take my wheels off myself, had to take it to Ford and have them charge me 50 dollars to repalce the lug nuts.:rolleyes:

I didn't notice a missing grill? Thats an easy fix though. Your paint is in very good condition, did you get it repainted?

dragon40k, I saw the yellow cobra with the black rims too...that was tuff looking. :thumbsup:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
To me the speaker grill missing from the back seat stands out like a sore thumb when the top's down! :-D Glad they had it, can't wait till it show's up!

I don't believe the car's ever been painted, but it does have a few rock chips in the front paint I'd like to get rid of. I bought the car to use as a daily driver, I use my LX for the track/ shows, but it was down last weekend because of this brake upgrade I am doing, so I could not drive it.

When I first looked at the car I asked if he had the boot, he said yeah but it was at his mother's place. Then it ended up he couldn't find it, got lost somehow, that did kinda suck, because you are right, those things are expensive as hell! That's ok, he's a good guy, it's not like he was trying to rip me or anything, I got a good deal on a good car, just wish I had that boot!

I've taken the Cobra to the track once or twice, but that's it, like I said, just bought it to have a nice fun daily driver.

Your car looks VERY clean, what do you have on it, and how many miles?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Your car looks VERY clean, what do you have on it, and how many miles?

Thank you. I used the Clearkote Killer combo on it a few days before the show. That stuff rocks man...made my car look like glass.

54,500 miles on her now. Still need to do some work...one panel in the back is f'ed up from the guy that had it before me(he had someone buff that panel and they messed it up, so its a little hazy), and of course I'm looking to do more mods.

I would of loved to see your LX as that might be the next car in my collection.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
I finally got a top boot! A buddy from here on SVTP had it, fits perfect and the car looks SOOOO much better with it on there!

Also got the speaker grill in from CJ Pony's, but they sent the wrong side!! :cuss: Hopefully the new one will show up soon. :rolleyes:

Finally got the brake/ 5 lug conversion/ guage cowl panel job done on the LX, so it's definately going to be in a few shows I can find the rest of this year. Here's a few pics of you wanna see:

100_0101.jpg

100_0108.jpg

After I took it out and washed it up lastnight:

100_0109.jpg

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Great! I just spoke to CJ Pony about my speaker grill for the passenger side.

Apparently they can get the driver's side all day long, but they can no longer get the rear passenger side cover! So now not only do I have to send this thing back and pay for shipping, but I'm stuck with no speaker grill! :cuss: :fm: :mj: :burn:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
God, I would love to have a LX 5.0 like that :coolman:

I think that maybe my next purchase, some year 5.0 LX. Seems like the big thing now is dropping in a 03/04 Cobra motor in those fox bodies... :pepper:

5 lug conversion...my buddy is just about to do this...any words of wisdom :idea:

Last edited:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Shake&Bake said:
God, I would love to have a LX 5.0 like that :coolman:

I think that maybe my next purchase, some year 5.0 LX. Seems like the big thing now is dropping in a 03/04 Cobra motor in those fox bodies... :pepper:

5 lug conversion...my buddy is just about to do this...any words of wisdom :idea:

be carefull getting the ball joints out, do not use the Fox ones, get the 1994 ball joints. Also, tell him to use 1994-1995 spindles, not 96+. The 96 ones will set the front wheels of his car out pretty far, it will be noticable!

Users who are viewing this thread