CJ intake

mystickb1996

Established Member
I'd like to know more on this also. I understand there are a lot of threads about this but alot with a mildly modded 5.0. Say a car with only a tune and off road x/axle back, would the cobra jet intake still make good power and be worth it over the boss 302 intake..
Hope this is kinda what op was going after not trying to hijack

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
I did it to my boss a couple weeks ago... no dyno runs yet...
I went, CJ intake, SCJ mono blade throttle body, Drew’s custom CAI and 47# injectors for in the summer to run e85, I already had long tubes... AED tune.
I only have a few miles on it, did some data logging... tires spin easier but it is colder payment... I couldn't wait for the FRPP CAI, so I went with Drew's... When the FRPP is released I will go with it... nothing bad about Drew's, it is a emissions thing here in Colorado, no pvc connection for driver side on his CAI. FRPP’s has this… Will just run two catch cans… Current, I had to go with a remote catch can with both sides tied into…

Prior to the CJ upgrade I had the factory boss engine and its intake along with the long tubes, 85mm TB and 101mm maf CAI… ran an 11.8 in Oklahoma with it, first only time to Thunder Valley… To say if this was worth it… won’t know until I go to the track next year.
If I make 35 more rwhp on the dyno from my last setup I will be overly impressed. not saying this doesnt make real power, just not that large of a change...
I did it for more lower end torque...
If not I am going with the 2013 CJ cams and go from there.
With the cams and the CJ intake i will be into it less than the 525 hp FRPP blower kit and should make just as much HP. somewhere around 4

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Wont work with a paxton/vortech. Might work with a procharger. I saw on FB rev auto had a custom single turbo kit on a car with the CJ setup

Users who are viewing this thread