CJ intake......which throttle body mono or twin?

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Have a mono on my car, tuning isn't fully complete yet, but it feels a little less responsive to light throttle inputs then the factory piece on my old boss intake.

SVTStampede

Established Member
According to JPC's testing, the CJ twin 65 gained 3 HP(also gained torque but they didn't specify, looks like 5ish) over the stock GT500 twin 60mm, so I'd be interested in seeing the drivability differences in them myself.

Has anyone dyno tested the mono versus either of the other choices?

Voltwings

Established Member
I used the mono on my car. No issues in anything other than crawling through a parking lot or parking garage, and most standards are going to struggle in a position like that. I Figured the CJ manifold was big, the Rev auto 5" CAI was big, might as well get the big TB too. No sense in spending all that money to put something not "big" in there you know, your system only flows as well as your least flowing part.

scotmach

Established Member
I would choose the throttle body based on what your tuner is most comfortable with in tuning it.

redline5.0

Established Member
I think most tuners prefer the monbo blade when it comes to tuning and I'm also running the mono blade because my current email tuner said he would not tune the twin.

bigriff85

Established Member
CFM Performance makes the Twin 67mm, it's a little cheaper and they have a nice combo package on their section in the forum w/ the CJ manifold & CAI for it.

djclark

Established Member
Twin 65 is going to have better drivability. People go with the mono for the cost savings. Either one flows more than enough.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I tried doing a SCJ vs the twin 63.5, but came up with really no concrete results. There was a few whp difference between the two when testing, and a few runs being the same. My basis for using the SCJ is from the testing Ford performed on the CJ manifold and throttle bodies. In there results, they noted the bigger T body they installed, the more it picked up in power which is why they use the SCJ as well.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A twin 65mm flows 1517 cfm.
The mono blade flows 1797 cfm.
Some tuners can't tune the mono, which was good for 20 + hp @ the wheels over the twin 65.

01bluesnake

Established Member
what kind of turn around do you have on a cj intake ?

Pm'd

A twin 65mm flows 1517 cfm.
The mono blade flows 1797 cfm.
Some tuners can't tune the mono, which was good for 20 + hp @ the wheels over the twin 65.

I'm assuming that was with a blower, the gains on the N/A coyotes are nowhere near that. The SCJ is the best suited for the CJ manifold though and flows the highest.

ford20

Established Member
I tried doing a SCJ vs the twin 63.5, but came up with really no concrete results. There was a few whp difference between the two when testing, and a few runs being the same. My basis for using the SCJ is from the testing Ford performed on the CJ manifold and throttle bodies. In there results, they noted the bigger T body they installed, the more it picked up in power which is why they use the SCJ as well.

Which is one reason why I am curious what the Whipple mono blade would do on the Cobra Jet intake.

01bluesnake

Established Member
As soon as my dyno is up and going, i would really like to do some testing on parts like this. I would be very curious as well to see if any gains over the SCJ could be had with different CAI sizes coupled with the Whipple mono on cam'd and stock cam cars. I would almost bet a cam and header car with a ported/cleaned up CJ and CAI to support what the Whipple can flow, would see some type of gains. It would be a big trial test, but could produce some very interesting data or numbers.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I thought the VMP twin 67mm was supposed to flow within 50cfm of the monoblade with better drivability

Users who are viewing this thread