CJ Hood Pins

Blackmax

Established Member
I decided to go with the Cobra Jet hood pins but they came with no instructions,I have googled but not found these particular pins installed. Just wondering what guys here have done and where they have installed the studs? thanks

M-16700-S_zps5xy9is9l.jpg

Blackmax

Established Member
I ran my Shelby hood pins in the hood stop holes (adjustable rubber stops on either end of the rad support) and then I cut two pieces of heater hose that I slid over the pins to use as hood stops.

How did you get nuts on the bottom of the studs? You have any pics?

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
I used wire from my mig welder and fished it through from the side. Quite a pita but worth it. I don't have washers on the inside but I still have a hood latch so it's not like they are the only thing holding the hood down. I don't think it would be a problem even if they were the only thing. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

BilletProShop

Established Member
We installed it in the 2 middle adjustable rubber stops. Made two holes underneath to be able to install them with nut and washer.

Blackmax

Established Member
I used wire from my mig welder and fished it through from the side. Quite a pita but worth it. I don't have washers on the inside but I still have a hood latch so it's not like they are the only thing holding the hood down. I don't think it would be a problem even if they were the only thing. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

I ended up using your mig wire trick and managed to get washers on as well using a magnet, I found these Cobra Jet pins difficult due to angles and small opening for studs. I ended up cutting and grinding with a Dremel to make them work, the Shelby ones are more forgiving. Also the stud length was short to use them in the center holes I had to use the outside rubber bumper holes.

Users who are viewing this thread