Civil service exam rank

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I took the Dutchess county police exam November 2010 and got a score of 95 with a rank of 7x. To be employed by a local department or county sheriff you need to be at least 20 years old. When I got the results back I was only 19.

Yesturday I checked the civil service website and now my rank is 9x on the list. Did my rank drop down due to the fact that they pushed everyone that got a 95 on the test that was 20 or older past me?

That is what I think happened but was just wondering if anyone else here knows of a reason why that could have happened.

Thanks in advance

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
Turns out I didn't have to worry too much since I got a letter in the mail to come take the physical test for the City PD in a couple weeks. Didn't think I'd hear anything after I saw my rank drop. Isn't that significant since this is only the second step in a very long process but I am being hopeful since I would like to work and stay close to home.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
as long as you would be 20 at time of swear in, i wouldnt forsee an issue.

NC its 21. but you can be 20 through the academy, as long as you are 21 at time your oath is taken.

Users who are viewing this thread