Circle D 5C for late 14'.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
After discovering Ford decided to make changes to the trans pump back in April and a converter not really being available for the late 14's due to the change (flats on the hub like every other Ford RWD drive trans vs slots that the 6r80 has been using) I talked to Chris and Brian at Circle D and just received a 5C that is hopefully gonna work with either configuration. This converter has the slots and the flats. I'll be installing it in the morning and sure hope like hell it works out. From what I was told I'm the 3rd person to get one and I don't know if the other 2 are on this site or not as I have'nt found out anything. I ran several 12.0's friday night at SGMP in temps around 60* so hopefully this converter works out drops me to mid 11's.... Just thought I'd mention this for the folks curious about a converter for the late 14's. Hopefully I'll have some feedback soon!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Good luck OP. I'm in the same boat. Turbo car is a turd out of the hole with a weak 1.7 60' on the stock converter. Anxious to hear your results. Do you have any pics of the difference?

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Good luck OP. I'm in the same boat. Turbo car is a turd out of the hole with a weak 1.7 60' on the stock converter. Anxious to hear your results. Do you have any pics of the difference?

I'm at work right now but I'll take some tonight or in the morning. I've never tried posting pics on here so if you want, PM your number and I'll text them to ya.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I got the converter in today and I must say a 5C is NOT for the faint at heart, LOL!!! I'm only running 275/60-15 555R Nittos which would dead hook with the stock converter now get ANNIHILATED on the street!!!! This converter is VERY noticeable on the street but I can't wait to get this thing to the track!!!

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Yeah I'm curious myself. I wonder if an Engineer saw something that could be problematic in the future. When I removed the stock converter the hub looked just like all of the older Ford ones, I think the lackluster 5r55's had the slots like the older 6r80.

4VFTW, what gear does your converter lock at WOT? Mike currently has mine NOT locking until 3rd.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I think the change was in anticipation of the 15s coming out. Ford likely changed tooling to get ready to build the 6R80s for the S550 so perhaps the late model 2014s have the 6R80s of the 2015s..

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I think the change was in anticipation of the 15s coming out. Ford likely changed tooling to get ready to build the 6R80s for the S550 so perhaps the late model 2014s have the 6R80s of the 2015s..

I guess once someone tries to put a converter into an S550 we'll find out!

Circle-D

Established Member
Thanks for starting the thread auto02. I have not heard any news on why Ford made the change, nor did I ever see any problems with the old hub and gear. And it does seem to be a mid year model change.

Below are a few pics of the 2 gears, late 14 OE hub and one showing our one size fits all update. It is a cool little idea, should probably patient it - almost to easy of a fix. No extra charge for the machining. And we are putting it on all 2014 for now, trying to get it to all 6R80 so there will be no question on interchange. No info on the 2015 yet, can not order a converter from Ford. Have a few guys working on getting out their converter for me to look at.

Chris

2014-10-16093448_zps3188a622.jpg

2014-10-16093508_zps960187bf.jpg

2014-10-16094234_zps9add65e0.jpg

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
So far no issues but I've only put about 15 miles on the car since the install. I'm certainly ready to get to the track!

hudson231

Established Member
So far no issues but I've only put about 15 miles on the car since the install. I'm certainly ready to get to the track!
Let me know how it runs and just how bad the streetabilty is.
im thanking this will be my next mod

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Let me know how it runs and just how bad the streetabilty is.
im thanking this will be my next mod

Well it's loose but I got use to it REALLY quick and love it! Hit the local 1/8 yesterday, first time in at least 4 years due to shitty prep and guess what, some things never change. I'm on 275/60 Nitto 555's but prep sucked. I couldn't just stab it without spinning like hell and I did try a couple times but best I could do was a 1.67 60' and ran 7.51@93. Did trap 94 on a 7.60 pass with a 1.75 60'. I'm gonna try it once more on these tires at SGMP and if it's still spinning I'll go with some M/T's or some Hoosier's. Previous best 1/8 was [email protected] and in 10* cooler weather dead hooking of course.

Users who are viewing this thread