Circle D 4C Driveability - VIDEO

Circle-D

Established Member
Excellent video, great work. Drives great with the stock gears. And appreciate all the kind words. As always, any questions we are just a phone call away or you can send me an Ask Chris from our website.

Chris

1Bad5.0

Established Member
There have been quite a few of threads about the 4C lately and questions how the act normal driving. I took a few quick videos off my phone this morning on the way into work and made a simple little video normal driving on the morning commute.

Hopefully this answers the normal driving questions and shows off Chris's great product :)

[youtube_browser]CGL05PzD56g[/youtube_browser]

2012 Mustang GT Circle D 4C Driveability - YouTube

I'm so glad you posted this video for everybody to see. now everybody can see for themselves that DD with a 4C is not very much different than a stock converter...Good job with this thread OP.

RMoore92

Established Member
I'm so glad you posted this video for everybody to see. now everybody can see for themselves that DD with a 4C is not very much different than a stock converter...Good job with this thread OP.

Thanks and glad I'm glad everyone likes the video!

The true test will be next weekend when I finally hit the track with it :banana:

Riptide

Established Member
Can someone explain this to me? A 4C has a stall speed of 3600RPM.

If the stall speed is the max rpm you can run the engine without generating driveshaft motion then how is this car moving forward at rpms under 3600?

TeamColip

IndyHP
Established Member

If the stall speed is the max rpm you can run the engine without generating driveshaft motion then how is this car moving forward at rpms under 3600?

It can be "flashed" as high as 3600rpm on the brakes, or under WOT, but will start to move the vehicle immediately at part throttle, similar to stock. The higher stall speed is not what is required to move the vehicle, but more the rpm limit before the converter allows the engine to overcome the brakes and really begin to "grab" or "engage." Hope that helps. :beer:

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Excellent display of modern technology at it's finest. Thank you for posting this video, it's definitely on my list now for sure.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Good video! Makes my miss my old 2014 GT Auto!

Just because it's a 3600 converter doesn't mean the car wont move until it reaches 3600 rpm. It just means that's the RPM the converter will flash to under a quick stomp of the throttle. It will still drive normal. I have a 5000 rpm converter in my Camaro and it drives pretty good on the street, it's moving by 1,500rpm. Bigger converters are just "looser" if you will.

Riptide

Established Member
So the article I read is wrong. Driveshaft will still tend to spin in the absence of braking at under the rated stall speed of the converter.

At what point do transmission fluid temps become an issue? How loose can you go in normal DD type use before its a problem?

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
So the article I read is wrong. Driveshaft will still tend to spin in the absence of braking at under the rated stall speed of the converter.

At what point do transmission fluid temps become an issue? How loose can you go in normal DD type use before its a problem?

If you daily your car, I am sure Chris will set you up with something that will work just fine. Haven't heard of any fluid temp problems as our cars come with pretty good tranny coolers factory.

Users who are viewing this thread