Circle D 4c and TVS

Doglegged

Established Member
About to install a VMP TVS stage 1 on my 2011 gt with a 4c converter. I know a high stall converter is not the right combo with a P/D blower but I no longer have the stock one. Would the 4c work for now while I save up for a 2B in the next few months?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Sure it will work in the short term. Like you said, just won't be optimal is all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Why do u need a new converter? just send the one u already have back to Circle D and have it re-stalled.

Doglegged

Established Member
I have no idea where the stock converter disappeared too. Believe me I wish I knew where it went but it's gone and I only have the 4c that's in the car now. I would wait till I had a new converter before installing the supercharger but I would like to get it nice and tuned before this South Louisiana weather turns to 90° and 100% humidity.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
If you don't need every little hundredth of et, I would sell that puppy and buy a stock converter from someone for cheap. The car will still be capable of 1.5x - 60' times at the lowest boost levels and it only gets better as power and boost are increased to a point where the aftermarket converter is no longer a benefit. Imo that would be about 800 rwhp. I'm a huge fan of the driving experience with the VMP TVS and a stock converter.

jeffs

Established Member
They can actually re-size them too. They told me I could turn my 245mm 5C into a 258mm for 600ish
I'd talk with someone from Circle D for sure. I think a stall speed change is only 200-300 bucks if you could still live with a 245 with all the tq of your pd blower. definitely talk with Circle-D. I'd agree with getting a factory stall from someone too, but I don't think it'll be as good as the proper sized / stall speed aftermarket converter, and By the time you pay for it and have it shipped.....

fuelforfire87

Established Member
OP i still have my stock converter I could sell you. If you are interested send me a PM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bmoney50

Established Member
I ran a 4c with my tvs before I went on e85 and it worked great on lower power applications. The car went 1.4s on an 82mm and 91. As stated above as the power goes up the less converter you need. I tried a lot of converters behind a tvs. 5c,4c,2c, modified stock and stock. My favorite was the 2C.

Users who are viewing this thread