cig lighter fuse

kingcobra9450

Established Member
So a couple months ago i noticed my cig lighter wont charge anything and i cant figure out which fuse it is from the manual. I tried a couple that didnt work or it may even be something else. Has anyone had this problem or know which fuse i should try?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I had the schematic on the fuses, but can't find it now.

Are you talking about the Power Point (at the forward end of the console, with the small lid that flips up), or the cigar lighter? For charging, I think you should be using the Power Point.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
shows on a 94 that it is under the hood in the battery junction box, not under the dash.. 3rd one from the bottom on the "angled side" of the box. kinda hard to explain, no numbers. and your power seats work off the same fuse. so if the seats move, id say the fuse is ok.

Last edited:

kingcobra9450

Established Member
neither one works actually but its funny cuz i just realized yesterday that my seat doesnt move and then i just read that... thanks guys i appreciate it

Dekorum

Established Member
Don't mean to steal the thread but thought I would ask here while we are on the topic.
On my dads 98, both the cigar lighter on the front end of the console and the charger thing under the center console lid do not work. Nothing will charge, but the power seats work. Any one know what this could be?

bestbuy654

J-E-T-S
Established Member
Don't mean to steal the thread but thought I would ask here while we are on the topic.
On my dads 98, both the cigar lighter on the front end of the console and the charger thing under the center console lid do not work. Nothing will charge, but the power seats work. Any one know what this could be?
mine is the same way

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Mine quit working and the fuses were fine. It turned out that the plugin on the back of the lighter had fallen off.

Dekorum

Established Member
Mine quit working and the fuses were fine. It turned out that the plugin on the back of the lighter had fallen off.

Could be true in my dads case, but that would only be for the one at the end of the center console by the radio. What about the one under the arm rest by the parking brake? I don't know where the plug is for that one.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
if i could get to the wiring diagrams id look.. the ford tech website is being dumb now in the wiring diagram section. but if you have put a shifter in, i would pull the boot/bezel out and look to see if one is unplugged or the main harness maybe unplugged.

Users who are viewing this thread