Church protests Soldiers funeral

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
well maybe not someone with a terminal illness who didn't have much longer to live, what would they have to lose?

Damn dude, you got me thinking. This is why im a firm believer in making death row inmates assassins. but to make sure the plan goes down as its supposed to they must have an impant that releases their leathal injection if they fail

well maybe not someone with a terminal illness who didn't have much longer to live, what would they have to lose?

Maybe the people that want these people dead should go out and do it themselves instead of always wishing and wanting someone else to kill them. Its pretty pathetic reading posts where people are wishing death on people. :nonono:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Soo you are saying if one of your family members died defending our country someone you love very much. At there funeral someone had signs saying "he deserved it" "thank god for dead soldiers/IEDs" "he commited adultry". You would just say "its there right to say it" just shrugg it off. ahhh whatever.
Sure some people probally are "chest Beaters" we will see in time if A) they stop because of threats or judge order B) someone does actually go through with it :beer:

Like I said before I would not be happy and likely be pissed. Would I be stupid enough to kill someone for exercising their right to protest, no. I bet you would not be either. So, while it may look cool to say you want to kill them it is another to actually be dumb enough to do it. It takes a whole lot of stupid to out stupid these people.

95PGTTech

Established Member
So let me get this right. One's right to bear arms gives them to right to commit murder on someone exercising their right to protest? I say BS and a bunch of chest beaters who would never pull the trigger.

Now don't get me wrong, their acts are beyond being distasteful and disgusting. But no says protests have to be tasteful and acceptable to all.

I'm not saying one right supercedes another or anything like that. I'm saying you're playing with fire. It is a lot more likely that at a Marine's funeral there will be big, heavy-handed, ready-to-fight males possibly carrying firearms than your average joe's. And they are a lot more likely to act upon their feelings.

And frankly, I wouldn't blame them, or ask that they be prosecuted. I support your right to protest whatever. I'll look the other way when they beat you to death. It's distasteful enough to me and borderline treason to the point where I could care less about the consequences. Condone murder? No. But look the other way when they take an asskicking a little too far? Sure.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Exactly, and hes implying that one right supersedes another right, which is wrong. While the message may not be the case, the act of is exactly what we swear to defend in essence.

I think you and Dale read too much into his statement. He's not saying that one right trumps the other at all. What he's saying is, it's possible/probable that at one of these funerals someone on the families side might be LEGALLY carrying a gun and might take matters into their own hands- which would obviously be illegal.

Not only that the first amendment does have restrictions. You really can't just say whatever pops into your head anytime you want. We will see what the court says. They will probably side with the church but that's far from a certainty.

At the end of the day it definitely would be a bad thing to try to kill one of them. It would only make them more vocal which is not what most reasonable people want.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think you and Dale read too much into his statement. He's not saying that one right trumps the other at all. What he's saying is, it's possible/probable that at one of these funerals someone on the families side might be LEGALLY carrying a gun and might take matters into their own hands- which would obviously be illegal.

Not only that the first amendment does have restrictions. You really can't just say whatever pops into your head anytime you want. We will see what the court says. They will probably side with the church but that's far from a certainty.

At the end of the day it definitely would be a bad thing to try to kill one of them. It would only make them more vocal which is not what most reasonable people want.

It reads like he was bragging that someone would do it when I think they would not. People like to beat their chest and talk shit until the time for action comes. There is not a right to courteous especially when you are protesting. If there is not city ordinance against the protest those with guns better be ready to defend themselves, not murder protesters.

95PGTTech

Established Member
It reads like he was bragging that someone would do it when I think they would not. People like to beat their chest and talk shit until the time for action comes. There is not a right to courteous especially when you are protesting. If there is not city ordinance against the protest those with guns better be ready to defend themselves, not murder protesters.

You're reading what you wanted to read, not what was written. If you're going to play law of averages games, play it with a neutral pool. Don't go stealing cars at a NRA gathering, that's just plain stupid.

Service members are a lot more likely to be carrying (legally), statistically. I don't know many ex- who don't own at least one gun. They are also, in my mind, a lot more likely to act where most are likely to just talk. Even if you don't blow them away, punching a few in the face would be just as gratifying.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Yeah- I can see what you are saying and I agree- we've both probably seen people like that once or twice over the yrs. I also think that unless you are a LEO bringing a gun into a situation like that is asking for trouble. There is no reason to bring a gun to a situation like that unless there is a specific valid threat to you. I can't imagine bringing a gun to a funeral.

Also- not sure if people have thought of this. But doesn't the Patriot Guard provide protection to the family especially at funerals that the "church" protests?

As vile as the group is they are losing bigtime in the war of ideas. They will quickly go the way of the DoDo. I know it doesn't help the Snyder family. But at least he can take comfort he's on the right side of things.

You're reading what you wanted to read, not what was written. If you're going to play law of averages games, play it with a neutral pool. Don't go stealing cars at a NRA gathering, that's just plain stupid.

Service members are a lot more likely to be carrying (legally), statistically. I don't know many ex- who don't own at least one gun. They are also, in my mind, a lot more likely to act where most are likely to just talk. Even if you don't blow them away, punching a few in the face would be just as gratifying.

While I agree that there is a strong likelihood that military and prior military will likely own guns and have a CCW. I'd also say our training kicks in. As angry as we can be and as emotionally charged as the situation is most PROFESSIONALS will act accordingly. Most military have a deep respect for law and law enforcement and have a keen understanding of the use of deadly force and will hold back no matter what our emotions tell us.

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Evidently the Westboro creeps have already been attacked at two funerals they've protested. They were attacked once while the police had them in protective custody in a van in Delaware in 2006. In Aug 2010 an old guy in Nebraska maced a dozen of them with some drive-by industrial mace contraption.

So there are people with balls enough to confront them even when police are present trying to protect them.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Evidently the Westboro creeps have already been attacked at two funerals they've protested. They were attacked once while the police had them in protective custody in a van in Delaware in 2006. In Aug 2010 an old guy in Nebraska maced a dozen of them with some drive-by industrial mace contraption.

So there are people with balls enough to confront them even when police are present trying to protect them.

Yeah- there are def some with the BALLS to do it. I'd suggest most have the BRAINS not to. I would hate to spend a nano-second in jail just for trying to get some form of retribution on these wastes of life.

chuckstrobeck

Established Member
I watched a documentary about them on fast pass tv and even the damn kids are brainwashed, hell the little ones dont even know what they are doing it for, its rediculous

03cobrah

Established Member
i like that the Patriot Guard Riders ride out to the funerals where wbc is at and stand in between them and the families trying to mourn their loved one

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
it is interesting to read some of the posts... so much rage in this thread... i like! this is one reason why i don't attend any "gathering of minds" to practice anything... except for an autocraft shop!

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
So let me get this right. One's right to bear arms gives them to right to commit murder on someone exercising their right to protest? I say BS and a bunch of chest beaters who would never pull the trigger.

Now don't get me wrong, their acts are beyond being distasteful and disgusting. But no says protests have to be tasteful and acceptable to all.

i agree and disagree with you. i think that eventually someone will have enough of these crazy people's shit and snap. i also think that the possibility of one or more of these "church goers" getting killed is pretty high, i mean lets face it they are kinda putting themselves in the spot light. does that make it right? not at all, but when people are passionate, offended and angry (all at the same time) about something they can snap. but the real point i wanted to make was that the post you orginally responded to was just a frustrated guy venting a little bit to some fellow car guys about a topic that pisses him off. and really thats what this forum is great for...venting to a bunch of people that all share a passion for a common thing.
and really if one of these protesters gets shot it will not bug me even one little bit. thats all i was trying to say i guess :beer:

SVT4ME

Established Member
I've always considered myself somewhat of a liberal and have some pretty open views but this crossess the line. This is a private event that should not be interupted.

Users who are viewing this thread