Chrysler orders Vipers to be chrushed

assasyn

Established Member
“it’s like the day kennedy was shot,” norm chapman, automotive technology professor at spscc, told the olympian. “no one will forget where they were when they heard the news.”

lol

brandonflood123

Established Member
ill be the first to say what.the...you know the rest. why the hell would they do that? i understand some things happened like they stated. but really to destroy something like this? they should atleast auction it off instead of crushing it. and crybabysler is acting like a child about the whole thing. no need to destroy something like this.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You'd think with their current situation, Chrysler would be auctioning the cars off to generate some much-needed funds...pretty silly, if you ask me. I understand why they're frustrated, though - those cars could represent a huge potential risk to them if punk kids are joyriding and wrecking them, but that's why they belong in museums or the hands of private collectors.

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
You'd think with their current situation, Chrysler would be auctioning the cars off to generate some much-needed funds...pretty silly, if you ask me. I understand why they're frustrated, though - those cars could represent a huge potential risk to them if punk kids are joyriding and wrecking the, but that's why they belong in museums or the hands of private collectors.

+1 couldn't agree more. the car is part of automotive history.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
On a different note. What kind of tech school let's students take pieces of automotive history for joyrides??

Fordfourlife

Established Member
They could have at least parted them out. Let the auto school take it apart and sell the motor,wheels/tires,etc and send the shell to the crusher if need be.

jsonic

Established Member
I would do one hell of a burnout right before they are about to take it away. That's sad.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
why do they not give them a newer viper on trade for the old one to save them self all the press?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Probably just a cover up. The reality is the bodies are starting to eject the paint in huge flakes, all the plastic pieces are cracking, all the electronics are failing, and somebody said, hey, wait, we need a V-10 to make 400 horsepower? What? Was the engineering staff on drugs or something? A V-10 and that's all you get is 400hp? Memo to the world: WTF???

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
Probably just a cover up. The reality is the bodies are starting to eject the paint in huge flakes, all the plastic pieces are cracking, all the electronics are failing, and somebody said, hey, wait, we need a V-10 to make 400 horsepower? What? Was the engineering staff on drugs or something? A V-10 and that's all you get is 400hp? Memo to the world: WTF???

Probably not.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Back in 1989, that was quite a number. Hell, 250hp was pretty good. With a total program cost of ~$50 million, they had to make due with very little. The back story of the car is very cool. One of the key engineers on the program went on to Ford, and led the development the GT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread