Chrysler Crossfire Gets Shot Down

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
So Im minding my own beeswax one fine thursday afternoon when out of nowhere (actually the right lane) a Chrysler Crotchfire pulls up along side of me. Glancing over to see the middle aged divorcee on her way to the local watering hole I was dumbfounded to find a couple of thirtysomethings with neckties and clean haircuts. They gazed upon me with that we are homosexuals look on their faces as I started to laugh as they slowly passed me to find a stealership plate stuck on the car. Imagine my suprise! I manuvered around some traffic and pulled into third at about 3800 rpm. Now midway through third and alongside of them I shook my head in disbelief and the guy hit it. He took me by suprise again. He pulled about a 1/2 car by the time I reacted and slowly and nailed it also. The Cobra took after and I passed him aproaching 6000rpm. That must have sounded cool. I shifted and stayed about a 1-1/2 to 3 cars ahead of him through 100mph. That was it for racing as we came up to more traffic. I followed him for a while I really wanted to go from a dig but no luck.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Mechanic said:
So Im minding my own beeswax one fine thursday afternoon when out of nowhere (actually the right lane) a Chrysler Crotchfire pulls up along side of me. Glancing over to see the middle aged divorcee on her way to the local watering hole I was dumbfounded to find a couple of thirtysomethings with neckties and clean haircuts. They gazed upon me with that we are homosexuals look on their faces as I started to laugh as they slowly passed me to find a stealership plate stuck on the car. Imagine my suprise! I manuvered around some traffic and pulled into third at about 3800 rpm. Now midway through third and alongside of them I shook my head in disbelief and the guy hit it. He took me by suprise again. He pulled about a 1/2 car by the time I reacted and slowly and nailed it also. The Cobra took after and I passed him aproaching 6000rpm. That must have sounded cool. I shifted and stayed about a 1-1/2 to 3 cars ahead of him through 100mph. That was it for racing as we came up to more traffic. I followed him for a while I really wanted to go from a dig but no luck.

The base model Crossfire's are no problem but they have got a SRT-6 model to run 13.3 at 107 bone stock so they're no joke. I personally think those Crossfire's are overpriced. I'd rather get a used C5 Vette over a new Crossfire.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I think Crossfires are cool myself (I'm sure someone will make a remark :rollseyes ) Yes, especially the SRT-6. A couple times I'v pondered trading in the Cobra just for something different. Think I'll wait until they make an SRT-8 Crossfire (which will probably never happen because of the Firepower) with the hand me down version of what the next generation SLK will be leaving behind.

Anyway yes, as far as the the non SRT-6'es are concerned, they're pretty much just flies compared to our cars. They are supposed to run mid to low 14's though which isnt too bad in comparison to the german and japaneese 2 seaters in its class though and I here they handle pretty damn good.

Last edited:

mkb116

Established Member
I used to be a car salesman for Dodge, Chrysler Jeep Subaru and we went to an SRT training facility in anaheim. Anywho they had the srt 4, 6, 8, and 10 there as well as the new hemi charger (a couple months before it came out) and we spent hours and hours learning about them. They took us around a squiggly track they had setup with professional drivers. Ill tell you what those cars can handle in the turns. Those drivers were crazy. They are pretty fast quarter mile wise too. But the interior is cheap plastic and comes off hella easy. They are definitely overpriced!

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
03CobraBro said:
I think Crossfires are cool myself (I'm sure someone will make a remark :rollseyes ) Yes, especially the SRT-6. A couple times I'v pondered trading in the Cobra just for something different. Think I'll wait until they make an SRT-8 Crossfire (which will probably never happen because of the Firepower) with the hand me down version of what the next generation SLK will be leaving behind.

Anyway yes, as far as the the non SRT-6'es are concerned, they're pretty much just flies compared to our cars. They are supposed to run mid to low 14's though which isnt too bad in comparison to the german and japaneese 2 seaters in its class though and I here they handle pretty damn good.

I like the Crossfire, I just think they are overpriced. I mean I could probably get a new C6 Vette cheaper than I could the Crossfire SRT-6.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The Crossfires are pretty cool. Offer me a Crossfire vs. a Thunderbird and I'd take the Chrysler hands down. I personally love the coupe with the boat tail myself, but I'd rather have the SRT-6 engine with the more tastefully done standard Crossfire.

03CobraBro

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
I like the Crossfire, I just think they are overpriced. I mean I could probably get a new C6 Vette cheaper than I could the Crossfire SRT-6.

I'm not sure about a C6 but I know it would have crossed price paths with the LS1 C5. My aunt said she drove one, and it was pretty much on par with her WS6 as far as acceleration went so thats not too bad I guess. That would have to put it close to a C5 LS1 and I'd be willing to wager it handles as well as a C5 too.

I think the big thing is though, you have to remember, The SRT-6 Crossfire is an AMG SL32 Mercedes with Chrysler clothing, and when you think that you are basically getting the same exact car (engine, chassis, suspension configuration) for 10 grand less than its AMG twin brother, I dont think thats all that bad.

Now I do think the plain jane model is alittle pricey in the mid 30's. No argueing that.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Nice kill. Ive been trying to get a matchup with one those for a while.I guess the drivers are smart enough to leave a cobra alone most of the time.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
03CobraBro said:
I'm not sure about a C6 but I know it would have crossed price paths with the LS1 C5. My aunt said she drove one, and it was pretty much on par with her WS6 as far as acceleration went so thats not too bad I guess. That would have to put it close to a C5 LS1 and I'd be willing to wager it handles as well as a C5 too.

I think the big thing is though, you have to remember, The SRT-6 Crossfire is an AMG SL32 Mercedes with Chrysler clothing, and when you think that you are basically getting the same exact car (engine, chassis, suspension configuration) for 10 grand less than its AMG twin brother, I dont think thats all that bad.

Now I do think the plain jane model is alittle pricey in the mid 30's. No argueing that.

Yeah my bad. The base model is overpriced. I wouldn't mind the SRT-6 for the simple fact of being in a exclusive club. I haven't seen a Crossfire around here for months and the one I did see was the base model.

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
My car has nitrous. I was going to use it if we went from a dig. I told my sister about it today(she is looking for a car and mentioned the crossfire :xpl: ) and she said the car felt big and came off cheap unlike the BMW she's thinking of buying.

Users who are viewing this thread