Chromed the plasmas and switched to Race springs

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
So my H&R sports springs were a little too soft for these detroit roads so I picked up a set of Race springs and 4 new HD Bilsteins from a member for a real good deal. While I was going to have everything apart again I decided to go ahead and get my RK plasmas redone since they were flaking for the past year or more. Was going to go the powdercoat route but eventually sent them to CalChrome to get stripped and plated. Their basically brand new now so I had to get some new tires too. Went with Nitto NT05 265/35/18 and 295/35/18. Finally installed the X2 ball joints I had since I put the sports springs in.

DSCN0141-1.jpg
DSCN0147.jpg
DSCN0144.jpg

Day wheels arrived from CalChrome

DSCN0155.jpg
DSCN0156.jpg
DSCN0157.jpg

Compared to the 275/??/15 mickey thompsons (on a set of 15" centerline wheels)I had on since the rear nittos on my rk's were no good.

DSCN0163.jpg
DSCN0159.jpg
DSCN0178.jpg
DSCN0179.jpg
DSCN0185.jpg
DSCN0182.jpg

Before and after pictures. Had to clean up the wheel wells. They looked so ugly after installing new clean part in there.

DSCN0166.jpg
DSCN0164.jpg
DSCN0167.jpg
DSCN0188.jpg
DSCN0196.jpg
DSCN0194.jpg

Since I had about 3 weeks to wait for the wheels to get back, I had plenty of time to polish the exhaust. Could have came out better but it's 100% better than it use to be.

DSCN0151.jpg
Picture042.jpg
Picture051.jpg

How I use to roll around.

DSCN0213.jpg
DSCN0212.jpg
DSCN0211.jpg

After the spring install with no iso's up front just the X2 spacer and no iso's in the rear. I was debating on lowering the front or raising the rear.

DSCN0230.jpg
DSCN0232.jpg
DSCN0231.jpg

since I was bottoming out in the rear on some dips and bumps, I decided to raise the rear up by just putting the lower iso in. I'm happy with the look and ride so far.

DSCN0228.jpg
DSCN0227.jpg
DSCN0226.jpg

Close ups of the finish on the wheels. In total it cost me $800 to get the wheels done. $150 to ship to cali, $125 per wheel to chrome($500), $150 for them to ship back. Hope you guys enjoyed to pics.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
Can you shoot me a PM on how much it cost you to chrome your wheels?

Mine are starting to flake as well, and they have some damage from the tire shop from last year. I am trying to decide which way to take care of it, repaint them or just say screw it and chrome them.

Thanks.

black-plasma

Established Member
Can you shoot me a PM on how much it cost you to chrome your wheels?

Mine are starting to flake as well, and they have some damage from the tire shop from last year. I am trying to decide which way to take care of it, repaint them or just say screw it and chrome them.

Thanks.

It's at the bottom of his post, $800 total with shipping.

They look really good. How do you like the NT05's?

Last edited:

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
Thanks Guys.
I already have the lower iso in. The first set of pics with tire installed are with no iso but the next set further down is with the lower iso in. The only thing I'm thinking about doing is installing some 3/8 spacers in the rear so that they will be closer to being flush with the fender.

DSCN0235.jpg

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I think Im gonna order me up some spacers tonight and put them on. This fall/winter I plan to powdercoat the S/C piping, intake and valve covers. Until then I think Im done...yeah right lol.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
makes me miss my zinc yellow :( looks awesome though man, i think the stance is perfect. i wouldnt even touch it

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
Thanks again for all the compliments. Gonna suck when it gets cold again and I have to put her up for the winter. But the down time will give me plenty of mod time.

Users who are viewing this thread