Chrome wheels

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Need a little advice and information.....

First off, I just hit 300 miles on the truck and it's just awesome! As most know, I traded in a 03 Snake for the 03L and I have not regretted it for one second.

So far the only mods are the factory tonneau cover, drop in filter, Deep trans pan, Belltech 2 inch rear drop and locking fuel door.

Here's the reason for the post:

I personally am not too thrilled with the 03 wheels. No flames please. OK, go ahead if you must....... :burn: smile

I like the 01-02 wheels much better. Even the 99-00 wheels are
better looking IMO.

I want to get chrome wheels for the truck, but I can't find
stock 03 chrome wheels and I haven't found many 01-02 chrome wheels. A lot of 99-00 chromies.

I want to stay with the stock type wheels. I wouldn't have a problem with 01-02 stock chrome wheels. What does it cost to get a wheel either polished or chrome? Does anyone know of a vendor selling 03 chrome wheels?

Anyone with like new 01 or 02 wheels interested in trading wheels? I'm guessing the offset is the same. I know there were some minor suspension changes.

Mac03Cobra.....

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Hi Mac, when I had my stock 01 wheels chromed, it was $650 for all 4. If you send yours to be done tell them you want your OWN wheels back. Not an exchange. My buddy did that and got a tweaked wheel. Ebay also has a lot of Lightning wheels.
:beer:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Thanks for the responses...

LL, Where did you send yours to? I also had checked Ebay and not much out there at this time..

I'll also check Ford Racing...

What would be great is to find a set of chrome 01-02 that someone has upgraded to 20' or something else.

Mac

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
Thanks for the responses...

LL, Where did you send yours to? I also had checked Ebay and not much out there at this time..

I'll also check Ford Racing...

What would be great is to find a set of chrome 01-02 that someone has upgraded to 20' or something else.

Mac

Mac, have you ever run 20s? I have! It will ruin the ride and handling of your Lightning. If all you want is looks, they are beautiful. I have a friend that owns a tire shop. He sent them to a place in So. Cal.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Oh, I DO NOT want 20's. I was referring to someone getting 20's and having their old wheels available. 20's is like driving on the RIM! smile...

See if you can get the name of that place that does the chrome wheels.

Mac..

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
Oh, I DO NOT want 20's. I was referring to someone getting 20's and having their old wheels available. 20's is like driving on the RIM! smile...

See if you can get the name of that place that does the chrome wheels.

Mac..

I'll check today Mac. :beer:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
You can also look for wholesale wheel exchange (i think that's their name) They are on Ebay a lot selling rims. They make have some take-offs or trades that they will be willing to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread