Chrome Wheel Option Cost

Silver 03 Cobra

My buddy got his in yesterday. They look a lot better than I thought they would. He doesn't have them mounted yet. I think they will look better on certain color cars but I feel that way with any chrome wheels. They are a good deal.

Snoker

Established Member
I ordered mine yesterday. Will keep the original ones. Am mulling over rather to just put new F1's on the Chrome rims and keep the stock rims and tires as backups. Kinda pricey, but might be an option. Need to research where new F1's can be purchased and the cost.

Anyone have any suggestions on a place to buy new f1's or a comparable replacement tire?

Silver 03 Cobra

snoker, I just bought a set today. Apparently in W. NC they are a little rare for some reason. I got quotes anywhere from $1200 mounted including tax to the deal I got today, $800 out the door. Mine were gone. I had a little under 13k miles. They were in decent shape a few weeks ago but when I found out I can burn the tires with no clutch I got a little crazy especially when I drove it to Fla fro the holidays. I had a little less than half tread on the rear and when I got back I had thread showing. My burning days are over.

The guy I bought them from was a former 01 Cobra owner. I took him for a ride today before they put the new tires on my car. I had been talking to him about Cobras for a day while he was trying to locate a set of F1's. I got out on the road and ran first up to 30 and mashed it and broke loose, then I ran up to 60 and mashed with the same results. I told him I could probably do it in third if I hit it right. I got up to 70 and mashed it and this time it got a little side ways. He flipped out. He could not believe the power I had. I think he may have just been sold.

blucobra03

Established Member
Silver03Snake, I hope those F1's you got were the ones made for the Cobra. There are two different F1 GS Goodyear tires out there. The one for the Cobra has a marking of 98W on the sidewall just after the tire size marking. The other one is for the Chevy guys and has a 93W on their sidewall. The difference is the strength of the tire and load capacity. Since the Cobras weigh more, they require a tire that can handle it and thats why there are two different ones. I found out when I had to replace one of mine a few months ago. Tirerack actually sent me the wrong tire and when I was comparing the one they sent me to one of mine, I noticed the different markings. They checked with Goodyear and so did I. They then ordered some of each type for their stock and sent me the correct tire (98W). Hope this helps some of you others out there that are not aware of this.

Users who are viewing this thread