Chrome Valve covers for my 03 Cobra

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
My crossover pipe is PC'd chrome. I thought about getting the valve covers done. I have so much chrome, SS and polished aluminum already, thought it might be time to stop. lol

b6980ba0-7e9d-4a4a-b8ea-e08469c280b4_zpsvnd0g1t5.jpg

0b16a1b3-83fe-4e37-aa20-727c97588829_zpsjvba4tli.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Bob, isn't there this stuff called Shark Hide or something that is supposed to be placed over polished metal to keep it from oxidizing?

I think there are MANY options out there to achieve custom results. You just need to figure out which works best for you. Chrome plating is VERY expensive. PC is not as expensive, but it probably doesn't shine as bright as chrome either. Polishing looks great, but then you need to deal with maintenance.

As another member on this site always says.......Pick your poison............

There might be. The polish I use has a sealer that comes with it. It does seem to help keep the surface clean for longer. But it'll never be the same chrome.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
But it'll never be the same chrome.

You got that right brother. Some options are good, but when it comes to chrome I think original is hard to beat. However, as CJ428mach said, spray chrome might be an option. I have seen that process on an episode of West Coast Customs and it looked promising. I have a "type" of spray chrome I use for the rear bumper letters on the diecast Cobras. Shines great and looks good on the diecast cars, but even that is not true chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread