Chrome stock wheels

magrag

Established Member
Has anyone had their stock wheels chromed or the new "chrome paint".
I have a 2014 with track pak, black with red strips.
I am thinking about doing this but thought I would like to see photos if anyone has already done this.
A friend had the wheels on his 2014 ZL1 Camaro "chrome painted" . Cost was about $1200 complete dismount, mount, and roadforce balance and a life time guarantee for as long as he owns the car.
This chrome paint looks really good and is prob more like powder coating than just paint.
You thoughts???

Last edited:

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
IMO they'd look really nice with a clearcoated machined aluminum finish. Like the 03-04 cobra stock machined but non-chromed wheels.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
There was an early owner who had his stock wheels chromed. I remember it was a blue car.
-J

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I had mine powder coated. The shop I had do this called the finish "ghost chrome". It's a glossier finish than the stock wheels.

smurfbrakes_zps55e61e85.jpg~original.jpg

smurf2_zpse079d534.jpg

Kapy

Established Member
I almost forgot about this video until the wife was dragged across the hood. It brought back all the pain I felt the first time I watched it. PAINFUL!!! WHY????

Imatk

Established Member
I had mine brushed and cleared like an HRE wheel... looks really good, but it took me a long time to get someone who was willing to do it.

RBB

Established Member
I almost forgot about this video until the wife was dragged across the hood. It brought back all the pain I felt the first time I watched it. PAINFUL!!! WHY????
My thoughts exactly....jeans dragged across that paint....killing me.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
did black chrome on my SS wheels and might do the same with the OEM's.
View attachment 1481666
View attachment 1481667

God dang, those look terrific! I'm a 'chromaholic' so I really appreciate that shiny look on a tasteful wheel. The black chrome is especially nice, so much prettier than painted black wheels. Well done!

Chrome shops are disappearing. There used to be plenty of places in my area to have things chromed, but not any more.

Users who are viewing this thread