chrome rim help

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
i just got in a set of chrome rims for my cobra. they are still in the boxes, can i put anything on them before i mount tires to them to help the shine/protection. should i just use regular wax or polish? any recommendations?

RC-5.0

Established Member
You can use some wax, but you shouldn't "need" to. Chrome rims usually clean up just fine with soap and water. Use a "non-acidic" wheel cleaner if anything. Any cleaner that is just " spray and rinse" is probably acidic. Any safe wheel cleaner needs to have "agitation" (manual wiping) to be safe. I just use a wheel brush with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner...the bristles are very soft and get in the lug gaps. I then use a sponge with the same car wash water I use on the car after Im done using the water on the paint.
Hope this helps.
RC

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Sealant or a coating. Will help with the 'protection' and ease of cleaning later on down the road. As for shine/look, I don't think that it will help that much.

Hope this helps!

jpplaw

Established Member
Opticoat Gloss Coat works good to protect. You can put multiple layers on too. Then later I would put Wolfgang sealant on

Users who are viewing this thread