Christmas Wishlist anyone?

tammy

Established Member
Okay as some of you know I bought my husband a Cobra two weeks ago and that was suppose to be his christmas present, but I gave it to him already. Now I would like to know if you guys would help dream up some great gifts to add on or theme around the car for gifts. What would you like to have? I'm thinking cosmectic (sp?) things, but I'm sure that would exactly thrill him to get keychains and crap like that. I was gonna get the set of chrome wheels for him to have, but looks like Febuary on those (Valentines Day gift right there!:idea: ) So he's looked at Rob's exhaust and seems interested in that but I'd like a wishlist to choose from if you would help me out with add ons or ideas I'd appreciate it. And if anyone would like this list to end up in there wives email just pm me an email and I'll make it happen for you.;-)

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
alpine theater screen, new speakers , two amps, two subs, get my system going! wont make my car any faster but sure will make it sound better then that crappy 460, im just hoping a screen can fit in the factory location without opening up and hitting the top where the ac controls are!

ZXnVS

Established Member
There seem to be two schools of thought on what mods are most critical for a new Cobra.

Many obviously go the performance route, but clearly power is not a problem on the Cobra. Appearance is, especially inside where all you can see from the driver's seat is an endless expanse of gray plastic. My first mods were from MGW (www.mgwltd.com) and UPR for billet interior pieces to spice things up and add some contrast.

When I get bored with 400 HP, then I'll start looking at CAIs, chips, exhaust, etc. Just my two cents. :)

P.S. As you can see in my sig, one thing that I felt the Cobra did need immediately was subframe connectors. No matter what you plan on doing with the car, a stiffer chassis is always a good thing. So there's another idea for you.

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
Definately need subframes in this car. Also, I just added the UPR cold air intake, and it was a great/inexpensive mod. It gives you good power increases, and it makes the blower whine much more apparent. And if your husband loves the car as much as I do, I'm sure he will enjoy more blower whine at WOT. Exhaust is also a great mod as is the Pro 5.O shifter. I think about 80% of the people on this forum have done the shifter mod.
I think that you would want to steer clear of any cosmetic presents because he might not like them, and then he would end up putting them on the car solely because you got it for him. When it comes to appearance mods everyone has a different opinon, but when it comes to power mods, there is only one opinon. . .go faster. If you really want to get him some cosmetic stuff just get him a gift certificate for him to pick out his own.
Good luck, and by the way, where do I find a girlfriend like you?:-D

Weasel

Established Member
Call Full Throttle Performance and order a Bassini catted x-pipe and cat back for him. It'll make quite an impression.

Mike

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I could recommend quite a bit, but it all depends on how much you want to spend. What range are you thinking?

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Yeah, I wish my wife would inherit some of your personality :(

(though she did, begrudgingly, let me get the Cobra in the first place so if it has to stay stock I still can't complain too much.)

I think ROB's exhaust is a good idea. I think this is the last week for the 2nd group buy (ends Friday I think). It's unique and it looks well made.

tammy

Established Member
I'm in the 1,500 to 2,000 price range on this part of his christmas gifts. I appreciate all the great suggestions. I need complete details if you guys would. I need exactly what and where to get stuff from. I'm not a manly girl who knows what to get without some help. I sure would hate to screw up. I'm thinking of exhaust, and air cooler thingy and I really like those kickplates.LOL

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
If you're looking to spend $2k, well that will get you every thing I bought minus the tires. And if he's hany with a wrench then you'll save a ton of money and he'll be even more happy in the garage. If not then start taking things off the list to pay for labor.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
I'm in the 1,500 to 2,000 price range on this part of his christmas gifts. I appreciate all the great suggestions. I need complete details if you guys would. I need exactly what and where to get stuff from. I'm not a manly girl who knows what to get without some help. I sure would hate to screw up. I'm thinking of exhaust, and air cooler thingy and I really like those kickplates.LOL

Rob's Exhaust:
Most Current Info Here I Think.

The CAI choice could lead to a huge debait, but I think many are currently choosing the Densecharger.
Link Here

Hope that helps. If he doesn't want them, I'll take em :rollseyes

tammy

Established Member
Thank you all so much. I was waiting to hear the sound of the exhaust from 2fast4u then plunge on the group buy. But I can still do a little more spending. BTW, we own a auto repair shop so the labor is a gimme;-) . I have guys that will stay and do the exhaust for me as a surpise for him on christmas if they had to. We usually go hard shopping the two days before christmas so he'll want to use the x and I can have the goodies I order put on then.

Okay- now what is the denscharge for? And if I wanted a cool air kit thing what kind to get and where from?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy

Okay- now what is the denscharge for? And if I wanted a cool air kit thing what kind to get and where from?

The densacharger is a cold air kit. It's sold by Demolet motorsports, basically made to order (I assume to keep inventory down). Cost is $150 shipped or $174 w/plugs. Specs can be found on their website here Demolet motorsports

tammy

Established Member
Finally something is life is simple.LOL Thanks for the info on clearing that up for me so quick socalblk03 and providing the web link for me. Will I need Plugs with this kit? I don't understand what the reason is behind the plug can you give me a clue.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
The stock plugs are pretty good as is. But as you mod you should upgrade. I'm not trying to sell anything I got the plugs because they were inexpensive and I'd atleast have the choice to do it while I was under the hood. Bottom line though if it (the engine) isn't pinging you shouldn't have to worry about it.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
With what you say you want to spend ($1,500), I would buy a MagnaFlow X-Pipe with Cats and a MagnaFlow Catback, put a Densecharger CAI in his stocking, and pocket $500.

My wife is a lot like you, she buys me mods for my car as well. Last year it was a Strut Tower Brace, then Springs for my Birthday. Two years ago when we first met it was gears. Gotta love that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread