Chris Groves Tuning?

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Has anyone in here had a tune buy chris? Im considering getting a tune from him but havent heard much about his coyote tunes. He is out of albuquerque nm. If i dont go with his tunes i will be going to TSS. People from albuquerque say he is the best and that everyone takes their coyote to him. My only worry is if he is so good why have i never seen anything online about him?

corepwn

Established Member
Never heard of him personally. TSS has quite a few cars running around though. I worry that there may be several "TSS" named shops however.

Mach828

Established Member
Top notch. No better tuner in New Mexico. There is not much online because he doesn't really do remote tunes, just dyno tunes.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I was just worried cause i know these coyotes and copperhead pcms are much different then the old cars. Alot of people say they can tune but have no clue. I live in nm and albu is about 3 hours away where tss is 11 hours away. I know he doesnt remote tune and thats fine i just feel that if he is so great why doesnt the coyote community know more about such a great tuner. Alot of tuners can make a wot tune but it takes a great tuner to get a 7-800 hp car drive like stock.

tboothe

Established Member
I was just worried cause i know these coyotes and copperhead pcms are much different then the old cars. Alot of people say they can tune but have no clue. I live in nm and albu is about 3 hours away where tss is 11 hours away. I know he doesnt remote tune and thats fine i just feel that if he is so great why doesnt the coyote community know more about such a great tuner. Alot of tuners can make a wot tune but it takes a great tuner to get a 7-800 hp car drive like stock.

Chris Groves and The Dyno Edge is great. He has been tuning my car for years. He made the completely stock longblock live in it for 3 years at 1100 hp. It never broke either I only took it apart bland changed things because I had a new goal of much higher power numbers. The car drove just like it did completely stock. He is very anal and pays very close attention to detail. If he has an issue or if there is something he can't figure out he won't sleep until he does. He is very big in the drag racing community and flat our goes fast and competes with the best in the country with a much smaller budget than most of the guys and that's because he is very smart and the attention to detail . If you're only 3 hours away it's a no Brainer to take the car to him. Hell he has been on 2 engine power episodes on spike TV doing twin kits and tuning a boss 302 and a 2015.

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
Well. Initially you have to have a setup that is mechanically capable of driving like stock with 800hp. A lot of people with poorly setup cars, complain about problems when no tuner in the world can tune around a mechanical issue.

Chris and Lund were the only people who could even get the 2015 Coyotes to run when they first came out. He is the Hellion vendor for a reason, some of the very first turbo Boss 302 and 2015s were built and tuned at his shop. We have quite a few 1000+ hp Mustangs here, and most of them are all being wrenched on and tuned at Dyno Edge.

NM just doesn't have a large modded Coyote population. And the ones we do have, don't post on the larger forums. Chris doesn't have the capacity to get into remote tuning and he doesn't do any advertising. His shop has no shortage of customers.

Its kind of like comparing your one local engine builder to a large national company with a full staff. We had a guy here that was the best modular engine builder around, and he worked out of his house. A lot of people in town didn't know about him, let alone from another state. Someone's wide spread popularity doesn't define the quality of their work.

tboothe

Established Member
Here is a couple pictures of my car that he did a lot of the work on.

Also he doesnt remote tune because he chooses not to. He has the ability/capability to but doesnt like it. He wants the car to be there in front of him so there are no unknowns.

51514.jpeg51511.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread