CHP 11 - 99 Foundation

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
What is the advantage of having a CHP (California Highway Patrol) 11-99 foundation membership? :smmon:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
You would be helping out a really good cause..........however if you ever announce membership to a city, county or other agency they will assume you are trying to leverage them to avoid a citation - and it won't work. I spoke with a close friend of mine who is a 22 year veteran of the CHP, he says it won't help you with them either.

In CA there are no PBA cards since there are no PBL's or PBA's. We have associations that represent officers for legal defense, etc. however they do not issue cards to civilians.

The CHP is currently under a ton of political pressure to reduce speeds on CA roadways and impact the rising traffic death toll. They publically and privately announced that there are no more warnings, including other LEO's.

I've got a buddy who just got cited on I-5 out of Los Banos for speeding and he's a Merced County deputy.

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
My uncle has worked for the CHP for 2 decades and what little he has told me about this foundation is that when he encounters a member all he is obligated to say is “have a nice day”. Sounds to me like weathly people are given the right to buy a membership to cheat the system?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
STOKED said:
My uncle has worked for the CHP for 2 decades and what little he has told me about this foundation is that when he encounters a member all he is obligated to say is “have a nice day”. Sounds to me like weathly people are given the right to buy a membership to cheat the system?

Well, Mark just posted above you stating that isnt even close to the case. Maybe your uncle would care to post and debate Mark.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
STOKED said:

I don't understand your post. Are you saying that if your uncle stops a member who is violating the traffic laws, all he does is say, "have a nice day" and let's them go without citing them, or are you saying the only obligation he owes to a member is to say "have a nice day" as he scratches out a citation for speeding?

Last edited:

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
I am not trying to start anything with you guys. I admire the kind of moral values you guys upholding and will continue to uphold. That said I am very disappointed in a few of the force out on the streets in my local area. I have two business friends whom are fortunate enough to have endless amounts of capital. They have been pulled over many times in their Ferrari f40 and Ferrari Modena, going excess of 50-60mph+ the speed limit. When they were pulled over nothing happened. I was so outraged when I heard this – it was in a simple word: shocking. What if my son was outside playing with his basketball and his ball bounces in the street. He would look both ways and doesn't see anything. A few seconds later a Ferrari traveling at 100+ mph is heading in the same lane he is in. To me that is my worst nightmare. I can't stand the fact knowing that a few, deemed “elite” people, have the audacity to act like they can pay off the world, and how a few officers would act so irresponsibly. It is this supercilious, condescending, above-the-law attitude that I, and more importantly, the general public, do not appreciate.

In the other forum did not try to start a flame. I'm apologize if you guys took it the wrong way.

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
STOKED - No problem, however I still would like you to answer the question I posed concerning the information you received from your uncle.

Also, how do you know your business associates were not cited?

Are you saying that they were let off with warnings due to their membership in the CHP 11-99 Foundation?

BTW - Are you aware of the true nature of the CHP 11-99 Foundation and just how much money it has distributed in the last few years and who the recipiants are/were?

Users who are viewing this thread