Chosen for my 4th time to play Star Wars: The Old Republic

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey gents! Got chosen for my 4th time to play SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic).

To anyone who hasn't read about the game, or haven't looked into it in a while, there's some great stuff on the game here, it will definitely be a WoW killer. The previous times that i've played the game has been GREAT for a Alpha/Beta trial, with very few bugs, thanks to the great developers at Bioware.

Anyway, here's a link: http://www.swtor.com/

Curious as to if anyone would want to start a SVTP guild in game? I know there's alot of competitive guys who are good at games, so we could definitely be a powerhouse! :beer:

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
how do you get chosen to play? just go buy the game

Bioware has been working on this game for the past 5 years. It's still in Beta stages, I don't even think it even has a release date yet unless they're going to state that at E3. This is one of the most anticipated games of all time, and I can tell you, there's a reason behind that.

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
I had forgotten about this game, the last I remember seeing of it was a few years ago with a trailer involving a big fight at coruscant.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
I had forgotten about this game, the last I remember seeing of it was a few years ago with a trailer involving a big fight at coruscant.

If that's the last one you've seen, you should check out this one. They've come a LONG way in the game, and it really does handle great as compared to all the Fail MMO's that have been coming out lately.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQf1nas8BO4]YouTube - ‪[HD[/nomedia]

sixt5

Established Member
Hey gents! Got chosen for my 4th time to play SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic).

To anyone who hasn't read about the game, or haven't looked into it in a while, there's some great stuff on the game here, it will definitely be a WoW killer. The previous times that i've played the game has been GREAT for a Alpha/Beta trial, with very few bugs, thanks to the great developers at Bioware.

Anyway, here's a link: http://www.swtor.com/

Curious as to if anyone would want to start a SVTP guild in game? I know there's alot of competitive guys who are good at games, so we could definitely be a powerhouse! :beer:

HAHAHAHAHAHHH hHAHAHAHAHA

whew! for a minute i thought you were being serious! there is no way in hell this will happen.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
HAHAHAHAHAHHH hHAHAHAHAHA

whew! for a minute i thought you were being serious! there is no way in hell this will happen.

Lol. Go look on the site and see how many people they have registered just waiting for this thing to launch. And the game itself is much more polished than WoW. WoW is made for 3-5 year old computers. This game is the next gen MMO. Sorry if you're butthurt that all your level 85's won't be worth much anymore :read:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
WoW is the iPad of games. Every stupid developer has to compare their games against is just like tablets do to apple and still end up failing. I'm into saying this is going to fail, but I'll hold my breath on killer... Two totally different styles of games and platforms. WoW will kill itself due to it's age and if they slack on bringing anything new to it. But in aspects of game for games and what they are,,, WoW is the mmorpg legend and will always be the benchmark and model for future games, minus the old graphics lol.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
WoW is the iPad of games. Every stupid developer has to compare their games against is just like tablets do to apple and still end up failing. I'm into saying this is going to fail, but I'll hold my breath on killer... Two totally different styles of games and platforms. WoW will kill itself due to it's age and if they slack on bringing anything new to it. But in aspects of game for games and what they are,,, WoW is the mmorpg legend and will always be the benchmark and model for future games, minus the old graphics lol.

Well put and touche. It was definitely the game of it's time due to it's simplicity and overall how well the game flowed. That's the problem with alot of new MMO's is how choppy they seem, where as fluid MMO's are much more enjoyable. I will say that The Old Republic brings together more of the RPG style to it, as EVERY quest is not done by text, but rather by voice, now, you still have a quest log that has the goals in it and such, but to pick up a quest, you talk to an NPC, and respond to the things that it is that they say, WoW has never had anything of that sort. I played SWG followed by WoW, and many of my friends that i've let see the game when i'm playing have been astounded by how much more immersed you feel while playing because you're answering things the way that you please, whether it be helpful, neutral, or rude.

Now, there's a rumor that blizzard has a game codenamed Project Titan that will be a new MMORPG, that is supposed to have everything in it. Medeval times, futuristic things, magic, etc. If done right I could see that being an insane kind of game. The way I see it going down is, The Old Republic will take a huge Marketshare away from WoW, then when project titan is released I see Bioware and Blizzard duking it out as to who will have the better content and playing atmosphere, which is GREAT for us as the consumer, because they won't take a break like WoW has done many times with pushing lame new dungeons just to keep players interested. It's going to be a great next few years for gamers :beer:

Catfood

Established Member
So many people wasting their lives on this stuff. Changing work schedules to make a raid is about one of the craziest things ive ever heard. The game will probably be pretty sweet though.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
So many people wasting their lives on this stuff. Changing work schedules to make a raid is about one of the craziest things ive ever heard. The game will probably be pretty sweet though.

I definitely do agree. I play these games when I'm not at work, doing school-related stuff, or hanging with the woman. But then again I mostly play these games to PVP, which casual players can excel in. People that change their lives for a game instead of the other way around I don't understand either.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
grand theft auto is the best rpg ever made. i role play the life of a crazed criminal and that is the greatest.

sixt5

Established Member
Didn't really mean to come off as an ass but like said above, it's become the standard. Kind of like a new sports car being compared to a m3. They are standards for a reason and have earned it. One thing your game has against it, it's soley based on star wars which limits it's appeal to others.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I left EQ out because even though it was the first 3d mmorpg in terms of new and amount of players, it wasn't nearly as successful as WoW was. I played EQ for about 4 years, from launch up to about the launch of WoW. Man I miss that game too. Back in the day when the east commons was your auction zones... Training spectres/sand giants on people in the oasis. It really was the foundation of WoW, which was basically blizzard listening to everyone and what they wanted from EQ and made it.

Users who are viewing this thread