Choices..choices...

DrZacharyus

Banned
Looking at cars currently, there is the Terminated black 97 that I have been looking at for $12,500, a built 540whp black 97 and a bolt-on red 97 that just popped up. The problem is not money, but which is the best car. The Terminated one has 78k on body and 16k on motor, the 540whp black one has 38k but has peeling clear-coat, and the red one is 34,xxx. Which would you guys pick? I have about 13,500 to work with. I am just scared of high-mileage on the body and not knowing how well the car was built. :beer:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
They are both nice cars. Since you have he money I'd get the Terminated 97. Good luck.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Of the two, I'd go with the terminated 97. I've driven a Cobra with 83K miles, as well as my vert with just below 50K. The hardtop with 83K didn't honestly feel any worse then my vert with 50K. Don't be fooled too much by mileage, especially if the engine/tranny has been changed out.

On the contrary, many fords from 93-95 were notorius for their flaky paint jobs. However, the 96+ mustangs weren't especially prone to have defective paint. If it is flaking up, i'd suspect it hasn't been garaged...and then the rest of the list of possible neglect ensues...

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
terminated 97, the drivetrain has low miles thats what you realy gotta worry aboiut, suspension stuff is eay to repait on your own unlike drivetrain parts

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
another one for terminated97. i wanted that car so bad, but i saw it just after i bought my white gt. missed out on it by about 5 days. but it happens. i can't believe it's still for sale. it's a steal of a price for the work done to it.

and it's the best of both words, a 03/04 motor in an sn95.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Terminated 97' for sure. Beautiful car and the best thing is its done! Jump in and enjoy! Plus a lot of members can vouche for that car and its condition. At the very least you won't be wasting your time if you decide to check it out.

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Terminated 97 hands down. The 96 I just bought has 140k on the body and it seems to be holding up just fine.

Toasty

Established Member
Looking at cars currently, there is the Terminated black 97 that I have been looking at for $12,500, a built 540whp black 97 and a bolt-on red 97 that just popped up. The problem is not money, but which is the best car. The Terminated one has 78k on body and 16k on motor, the 540whp black one has 38k but has peeling clear-coat, and the red one is 34,xxx. Which would you guys pick? I have about 13,500 to work with. I am just scared of high-mileage on the body and not knowing how well the car was built. :beer:

High mileage?

There are plenty of people on this forum with well over 100,000 miles on their car with the stock engine and no complaints. Hopefully some of them will chime in.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
We all know which Terminated '97 you're talking about and you should definately buy it. Even at his original asking price it was a great deal, now you would just be robbing him!

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Even tough i am selling my 97 (listed in market) for an 03, the 97 Term seems like a great deal and great car.

gt40lx

98slobraaaa
Established Member
terminated 97, Super clean and was def built right. But are u sure u can handle that car?

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
I agree the terminated 97 is nice but the 38k original mile 97 with forged internals,s trim,after cooled,15lbs,6 speed, 540 rwhp is the way to go IMO, it has every upgrade you would possibly need. A little bit of flaky clear on a quarter panel isn't that bad, shit bring it to me I'll fix that flaky clear for free, you buy a quart of base coat I have plenty of clear coat :)

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
We all know which Terminated '97 you're talking about and you should definately buy it. Even at his original asking price it was a great deal, now you would just be robbing him!
That's why I feel more comfortable about that car, it has a 18 page FS thread haha.

terminated 97, Super clean and was def built right. But are u sure u can handle that car?

Yessir, I have driven my fair share of fast cars ranging from a 1956 Bel-Air with a 526 to a 547rwhp SN-95.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I vote for the Terminated 97 I have had an 03 can't beat the feel of the motor but like the SN95 body style better. When I win the lotto I will build one too. Good luck:dancenana:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
That Terminated 97 has had a crap load of money dumped into it. The previous owner harry took great care of the car and spend his whole ownership fixing all the little things that were wrong with the car at the time. The owner now had done ever more to the car and it looks to be in great shape..

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
terminated 97 hands down

Eaton car >>>>> any S trim car TRUST ME I KNOW !

I got my terminated 98 for $10K with 18K miles on the engine/T56 but my car's exterrior was not near as goood shape as the one you're looking at. The Terminator motor and T56 alone are worth ~ $10K. My car did come with the full Terminator interrior also and had the IRS but swapped it for a soild.

also the stock terminator motors have forged crank, pistons, and rods too.

DrZacharyus

Banned
terminated 97 hands down

Eaton car >>>>> any S trim car TRUST ME I KNOW !

I got my terminated 98 for $10K with 18K miles on the engine/T56 but my car's exterrior was not near as goood shape as the one you're looking at. The Terminator motor and T56 alone are worth ~ $10K. My car did come with the full Terminator interrior also and had the IRS but swapped it for a soild.

also the stock terminator motors have forged crank, pistons, and rods too.

Have you had any problems with the swap?

Users who are viewing this thread