choice a wheel cleaner for BMC chrome black mamba?

jpc42

Established Member
hi guy's
i've just bought a new set of BMC black mamba wheels in chrome

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?968909-Repo-super-snake-wheels-are-coming
BMC-WBM1-Chrome2.jpg

it's my first set on such a color, never have chrome wheels before...on my others cars i use valetpro bilberry or chemical guys diablo gel, but my wheels are silver black grey with a oem clearcote on it

Bruno from BMC answer to me it's chrome painted not billet plated.
I don't know if there is a clearcote on it after the chrome paint or not...
he recommand me http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/laausawhcl.html

but it's impossible for me to buy it because of restriction for shipping because i'm in France, normally such a product can't be ship by plane, so i'll have to buy a wheel cleaner in an eshop in europe, and this one recommended is not avaible around. in another hand, i'm surprise BMC propose me a 65$ ship cost for a 12$ products

please what do you use on your wheels guys?
can i safely use my others products (bilberry or diablo)?
i pretty sure i can use the meguiar's hot rims, but i prefere a concentrate wheel cleaner i can dilute myself

i don't want to destroy the painted chrome...

thanks guys for your advice and reply

jpc42

Established Member
@ hoamskilet: thanks ;)

@ JpL4K3, carpro iron X is not a real wheel cleaner, but use after cleaning the wheels on the ferrous particles . can also be use on the car. Already use it...
How to Use Iron X

1 Wash the car or wheels surfaces, make sure surface is cool.
2 Shake well, spray CarPro - Iron X on the surface, rub it in with damp sponge thoroughly, wait 5 mins while contaminants change its color to purpel / red, wipe off with damp soft sponge. Don’t let the Iron Cut dry completely on surface!
3 Rinse well or power wash the whole surface. Car is now ready to clay!

i'm searching a wheel cleaner on brake dust (safe on such a chrome paint), my wheel are protected with a wheel sealant (Prima wheel armour)

POPPAJ

Established Member
Clean wheels with a light polish then apply one of the many sealants. When it comes time for wheel cleaning just use the same soap that you use to wash the car. Won't remove the sealant either.

jpc42

Established Member
Clean wheels with a light polish then apply one of the many sealants. When it comes time for wheel cleaning just use the same soap that you use to wash the car. Won't remove the sealant either.
Bruno from BMC tell me to not polish the wheel, so i suppose it's a direct chrome paint, not clearcote on it...but not sure...so i won't take the risk of polishing it with a compound (and the wheel are new and don't need it)

i use the same shamp (2 buckets, one with the shamp, and one for rince) that i use on the car on the wheel to finish the wahs of the car but only after i sprayed the wheels with a wheel cleaner brushes it and rince...

Last edited:

POPPAJ

Established Member
OK skip the light (not a compound) polish then. Maybe just clay to remove any surface contaminants. Still use a sealant and clean the wheels with car soap, this will leave protection on the wheel to keep contaminants (brake dust etc) from sticking. Wheel cleaners strip all protection.

Last edited:

jpc42

Established Member
OK skip the light (not a compound) polish then. Still use a sealant and clean the wheels with car soap, this will leave protection on the wheel to keep contaminants (brake dust etc) from sticking. Wheel cleaners strip all protection.

it's an idéa, just need to change my technic of washing...

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i always washed my wheels with just regular car wash soap. I love lusso and then just a different wash mitt or a good microfiber rag

Users who are viewing this thread