Chips on hood

Slowbra01

Established Member
I have lots of chips on the hood from the previous owner :nonono: :bash: ... waxing and polishing wont fill in the big gashes... and i DO NOT wanna repaint my car... too much $$ at this point.. so i would like to put on a front bra....know any places where i can get it at a good price... i know someone who is sellin it for $100 brand new... it was for a v6 stang... would that fit my 01 cobra?? please give me a place where price will compete with the $100 (which i'm not sure will fit my car) :shrug:

Candace 02 GT

Established Member
I know you said you didn't want to repaint, but I thought I'd let you know that I got my hood repainted free through Ford. Some cars produced 01-03 have something wrong with the paint on the hood. Mine was chipping excessively, so I took it to a dealership and they had it in the shop the next day. Maybe you could look into it.

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
Candace 02 GT said:
I know you said you didn't want to repaint, but I thought I'd let you know that I got my hood repainted free through Ford. Some cars produced 01-03 have something wrong with the paint on the hood. Mine was chipping excessively, so I took it to a dealership and they had it in the shop the next day. Maybe you could look into it.

I have an 04 with some chips, do you think they would repaint that?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
It has to show some sort of factory paint defect not just road hazard/avoidable chips from highway driving, following dump trucks and riding peoples asses all day long.

Pred_mech

Established Member
well, on mine you could see the impact point of the rocks. The amount of paint that came off was not a reflection of the impact. The Ford paint guy looked at my hood and said the paint was crap and did not try to argue with me one bit.

Venomus93

Established Member
There are alot of places poppin up round my neck of the wood that actually fill them in and somehow buuf and stuff and the chips totally disapper, amazing work also these places do the paintless dent removal, they go by wacky names like "Paintmedic" and "Chips-away" etc, they do great quick work.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yeah, I get mine touched up by a local detailer for $25 and you couldn't even tell the difference afterwards.

Fosters

Established Member
Venomus93 said:
There are alot of places poppin up round my neck of the wood that actually fill them in and somehow buuf and stuff and the chips totally disapper, amazing work also these places do the paintless dent removal, they go by wacky names like "Paintmedic" and "Chips-away" etc, they do great quick work.

paintless dent removal is a totally different thing than chip repair. chip repair the paint is damaged. dent removing is straightening out the body panel.

dent removal is pretty damn insane what people can do...

the only way to remove chips without repainting is touch up paint, wait till it dries, and wetsand it. some people who know what they're doing will spray a light clearcoat over it and wetsand it again, but i don't trust myself with spraying shit on my car :p

Users who are viewing this thread