Chip, Pulley and Gas Mileage Question

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Allright, I really want to sct or predator and pulley up soon. I'm curious tho, when you are putting around town not getting into the boost, is the gas mileage going to be any worse? I would like to keep my mileage the same as it is now when im not on it, because of the rising gas prices. Obviously when you are on it thats a different story, but will you lose gas mileage when not in the boost?

I imagine it could get worse because of the pulley leaching more from the motor ?

Feel free to share your experiences.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Gas mileage who cares? No, but really you wont notice any difference.:beer:

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I dunno, I'm getting 18-23mpg now and I really like that, and I drive 'spirited' quite a bit, so I would like to preserve that if at all possible =)

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have minor mods. i just installed the predator performance tune and i noticed a difference in mileage. i drive a good distance to work and before the tuner i had a best of 233 miles toa a tank. after the tune my best tank was 256. now when i add the pulley... well i eill let ya know.

hj16

Established Member
Stock I got 14-15mpg with mixed use.

With a 2.90, CAI, Chip, Longtubes, etc. I get 18mpg with mixed use.

RJCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by sgt d
i have minor mods. i just installed the predator performance tune and i noticed a difference in mileage. i drive a good distance to work and before the tuner i had a best of 233 miles toa a tank. after the tune my best tank was 256. now when i add the pulley... well i eill let ya know.

Did you notice a diff. in power with just the Predator Performance tune?

MTI LS1

Originally posted by RJCobra
Did you notice a diff. in power with just the Predator Performance tune?

No, you really cant feel it with just the tune on. The only way I noticed it to be really worth 40hp, or around there, is that I could chirp the tires in third alot easier.

Zach

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
yes,YESYESYES......i assume that the predator performance tune is just adjustments to the fuel and timing. my torque was so low because i was so fat..... after basic tune i could feel the torque level jump. so more power and better gas mileage.....WOWO.....

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Haha. I wasn't expecting people to say their mileage went up. Interesting, are we running that rich stock?

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Performance tune raises mileage by advancing timing somewhat at partial load and WOT. Doesn't have much effect on A/F at partial load, but leans it out at WOT, which shouldn't affect your overall mileage much.

Users who are viewing this thread