Chiming!!! How do I get rid of it

SVT Physicist

Fellow Believer in Ford
Established Member
My Lightning recently is chiming/beeping once I place my key in the ignition. It happens in about a minute and does not matter if the engine is on or off. The chiming eventually goes away and then returns in a little while then goes away. So its on for a bit and then stops. I recently installed the LFP electrical fan. I have tried disconnecting the fan from inside the relay box to see if it had anything to do with the key on ignition, but it still chimes. My electrical fan works fine and I checked for any DTCs ... none are reported. What could this chiming be caused by? Thank you for your advice on this issue. I am pretty handy about the Lightning, but I do not have the slightest clue on this issue.

Last edited:

SVT Physicist

Fellow Believer in Ford
Established Member
It is not the door sound. And once I turn on the ignition it does not go away. For example, I will be driving for awhile after it has long gone off and it will return while diving too. But a short period of time and then it goes away only to return later.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
My buddy works at Ford. He connected his data-Laptop to my OBD port and switched off the seatbelt ring....forever.

Thats a one minute job.

Go to the backdoor of a Ford dealer and ask for it. (at the workshop)

bmfgsxr

Established Member
hahaha, when you dont have your seatbelt on it will chime intermitantly like that.. there is a short process you have to go through to disable that feature. its in the manual. i know i turned it off myself.

Users who are viewing this thread