Child support question and advise.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
I have worked for 2 different state C/S Agencies. laws vary state to state of direct wage garnishment vs direct pay. In my state you can do either. Sounds like you have been paying for no issue for 12+ years so I wouldn't call you a "flight risk". Depending on your relationship with the kid's mother discuss doing direct pay.

How I WOULD pose it, open a 2nd bank account that she has access to. Set up auto account transfer from your primary account into this other account so you know it's done automatically.

I maintain a joint account with my exwife for the kids expenses so I can just do an auto-xfer with no need for a paper check.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
So far no issue with the ex. She knows its not me and ive allready proven it to her the other times it happened. Im fully aware my company can charge me for this but its so small and family oriented that that wont happen as she is a very nice woman. I mean this company goes above and beyond for its employees. I just know times get rough for her and she forgets but id rather go back to me handling it.

I think opening a separate bank account just for this is a great idea thanks for that tid bit.

Yes my state takes a cut and her state does. So i dont know if they would be willing to remove the option of them getting it first.

Users who are viewing this thread