Chicago?

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
If you really want to go to a skyscraper, skip the sears tower. You spend too much time in line and have to pay. Go to the restaurant/bar at the top of the Hancock building. You don't have to pay, you get a great view and get to drink all at the same time.

If you plan on going out, skip Rush and Division. Way too many tourists. Go to Wrigelyville (should be lots of people with the Cubs still playing) and go to the local bars there. I would type more, but i don't want to bore everybody.

Dan

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by manystangs
If you really want to go to a skyscraper, skip the sears tower. You spend too much time in line and have to pay. Go to the restaurant/bar at the top of the Hancock building. You don't have to pay, you get a great view and get to drink all at the same time.

If you plan on going out, skip Rush and Division. Way too many tourists. Go to Wrigelyville (should be lots of people with the Cubs still playing) and go to the local bars there. I would type more, but i don't want to bore everybody.

Dan

Manystangs, thanks
How far is Wrigely feild from Four Seasons downtown?
And also the White Sox facility is where?

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
florida03

I really don't know where the four seasons is downtown, but the Red Line L (subway) stops right by wrigley and us cellular (old comisky park). The addison stop is for wrigley and I can't remember the name of the stop for comisky. It should only take 10-15 minutes on the L to get to either stop.

Wrigleyville is for the Bar scene, dowtown is more the club scene.

Hope this helps, have fun and watch out for the garbage (the garbage men are on strike)

Dan

SIUEGIRL07

Established Member
Definitely make sure you eat down there b/c theres PLENTY of places to choose from...go to Navy Pier b/c even if you don't want to pay for things its still a cool place to be.

And like its been said, just walk around...theres tons of stores and bars, ect. Don't forget to see the new Bears stadium!!!

Oh yeah...theres museums also (2). :D

Damn...I miss being in Chicago...:(

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
id suggest going down to wrigleyville Friday night, it will be crazy!! playoff game that night....you might have the slimmest chance of buying standing seats in wrigley but very doubtful - too bad, its the most beutiful stadium there is, definitely hit up the bars after the game.......

Navy Pier is a must, cruise lake shore drive......definitely do the sears, especially if its at night.

Users who are viewing this thread