Chicago?

Street Racer

Established Member
I'm going to Chicago this weekend for the Hot Import Nights car show. I have never been to Chicago and i will have a couple hours to burn. Are there any "must see sights" in Chicago? I know the Sears Tower is there, anything else? Is that huge billboard of Michael Jordan still there? Thanks :beer:

SNK BITN

Established Member
yeah, Navy Pier & maybe hit up Water Tower place. Walk up and down Michigan Ave, lots of cool stores on the side streets. I'm trying to work out my schedule here but I may be able to hang with you guys before the show.

joegt38

Established Member
My friend is going to have his 96 M3 in the show its yellow w/ carbon fiber hood and a bunch of other stuff........ Navy Pier is cool , I live less then 5min from downtown. What do you like to do I'll tell ya where to go.

Street Racer

Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
You bringin the focus?

Yeah, Ill be rollin my SVTF. This will be its first journey out of Ohio. Im not showing it but ill be driving her. Somethings wrong with the clutch (throughout bearing i think) but i didnt want to take her in because my luck they wouldnt get it back to me in time. And im looking forward to taking her on the trip. :burnout:

Last edited:

Street Racer

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
My friend is going to have his 96 M3 in the show its yellow w/ carbon fiber hood and a bunch of other stuff........ Navy Pier is cool , I live less then 5min from downtown. What do you like to do I'll tell ya where to go.

Ill look for his M3 while im there. Ummmm I pretty much like doing just about anything, however, money will be my major issue. Between the hotel, addmission to the show, gas and food im not gonna have much money to do other stuff. It will just be nice to get a break from the wife and kid!! So free stuff (or cheap stuff) is the best stuff. :beer:

joegt38

Established Member
Downtown , Cheap????? Navy pier is free to get in and nice. you will have fun there. Enjoy the sites.

Street Racer

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Downtown , Cheap????? Navy pier is free to get in and nice. you will have fun there. Enjoy the sites.

Yeah, I heard everything in Chicago was expensive! Like $20 just to get into a club. I guess Im just to used to Cincinnati, its usually $5 or maybe $10 at the most to get into the clubs here. But everyone says the Navy Pier so ill probably hit it up, maybe check out some shops, i think someone said the sears tower was like $9. Nothings cheap I guess, i mean hell the tickets just to be a spectator at the show are $25............thats crazy!!!! But my friend said its an awesome show, almost like a car show inside of a club. :beer: Like i said before it will just be nice to get a break from the wife and kid for a day, just wanted to have some fun for the least amount of cash. :thumbsup:

florida03

Banned
I also am planning on going to Chicago when
next years baseball schedule comes out. I pick
a park every year and I go for the week. This year
I saw the Red Sox play the Yankees in Fenway.
Next year I whant to see the Cubbies in Wrigley.
And prob even the White Sox, schedule permitting.
I also have never been to Chicago and I am planning
on staying at the Four Seasons downtown. If anybody
could tell me if I am staying in the best possible area
to get around or in the middle of everything would be apprecieted.
I heard something about the Loop. Thanx.

P.S
streetracer, did not mean to steal your thread.

Last edited:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Thats a challenge when it comes to chitown, cheap fun definitely aint in our dictionary, unless you hit up rush street and pimp you a ho. Wanna club during the evening. the show ends at 11, what your plans afterwards?

SNK BITN

Established Member
Vision is the shizzle on friday nights. The spot on saturday has become transit and zentra. Crobar is opening very soon! Supposed to be a very big opening with a lot of new faces behind the wheels of steel, keep an eye out for them.

joegt38

Established Member
I have been to transit & zentra & crobar when it was open and ONLY on sat nites way to many times. Im out downtown to much I could be spending all this money on my car. I'll talk 2 ya people , im leaving work now.

Street Racer

Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Thats a challenge when it comes to chitown, cheap fun definitely aint in our dictionary, unless you hit up rush street and pimp you a ho. Wanna club during the evening. the show ends at 11, what your plans afterwards?

Florida03.......no problem man, Your stayin downtown. Too expensive for my blood. I have a reservation at a hotel in Willowbrook. SNK BITN...... yeah I know theres no such thing as cheap LOL. Dont have any plans for after the show. I will have to sit down and figure out how much cash I will have that I can spend. It will also depend on how much money my friend has too. As far as a club afterwards....just depends. Are the clubs really $20 to get in. I hate being broke, but I guess thats what happens when you buy a house, a new car, and then have a kid!! What was i thinking! LOL. Ok well its time for me to leave work! Woooo Hooo! :D :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread