Chicago police shooting video

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
First off, there is no audio of what PCP bruh is saying. PCP bruh, wielding a knife in his right hand, spins around and yanks his left hand from his pocket in a threatening manner as if he is about to draw a gun. Feeling his life is in danger, a police officer stops the threat instantly. Facts.

Actually I think it was the first bullet to the left arm that caused him to spin and flail his arm like that.

This is one case where tazer would have been much better first.
No doubt the drug head needed to be stopped but officer jump the gun (No pun intended) jumped the gun.

And of course if they actually covered it up then shame shame shame.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Actually I think it was the first bullet to the left arm that caused him to spin and flail his arm like that.

No doubt the drug head needed to be stopped but officer jump the gun (No pun intended) jumped the gun.

Yes, but some situations demand different reactions. I would still like to hear clear audio of the whole thing.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

I agree totally that the people responsible for the cover up should be fried, and 16 shots, with multiple being fired AFTER the subject is down is excessive. That being said, a lot of less-than-lethal weapons are ineffective on people when they are under the influence of PCP.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...it-taser-pepper-spray-video-article-1.2351706

Also, distance here between the suspect and the officer's is a factor, but the suspect is still close enough that if he were to charge at one of them, he could inflict serious, if not fatal injuries.

[youtube_browser]J_KJ1R2PCMM[/youtube_browser]

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
First off, there is no audio of what PCP bruh is saying. PCP bruh, wielding a knife in his right hand, spins around and yanks his left hand from his pocket in a threatening manner as if he is about to draw a gun. Feeling his life is in danger, a police officer stops the threat instantly. Facts.

That spin was obviously from the first shot hitting him.

cbj5259

Established Member

Unfortunately because of budget constraints many of these large city PDs don't issue tasers to their front line patrolmen (not sure if this is case in Chicago, but I suspect it is). Usually a supervisor carries one or there is a designated taser carrier on each squad. Those things cost a few thousand $ and they dont have the funds to outfit everyone. The smaller PDs tend to be better outfitted and equipped than the city departments.

As far as this shooting goes, on the surface it certainly appears to be unwarranted and excessive. There are a lot of things that will be brought out during the trial and I think it's best to hear them before passing judgement...although that doesn't seem to be the American way anymore. Trial by news media pundits, bloggers and mobs with pitchforks is the new norm.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I just watched it.. You can see the dust coming up from bullets hitting him a solid 10 sec after he was on the ground. When he was moving around.. Not liking it so much

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Even the guys here that feel the shooting was justified aren't going with this silly angle. Let me guess, you think 911 was a inside job too huh?

Goodnight sir.

No "angle," just asking a question. Your supposition about my beliefs is preposterous, boy.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
No "angle," just asking a question. Your supposition about my beliefs is preposterous, boy.

giphy.gif

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Ok, I can see some charge but not murder. This video shows him not dropping the weapon. To say the officer was not justified in shooting is a joke. It is not like we do not know the laws.

I am one of the biggest LEO supporters here but I agree with the murder charges.
I know all about stop the threat, etc...

But to continue to pump rounds in him including a head shot from what I read 12 full seconds after he is down is crazy.
This LEO went way overboard.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Been talking about this on a few boards, no argument that this cop was in the wrong, and he will be doing some time over it probably. But where in the outcry for every other murder in the city, there's close to 500 so far this year. MANY of them innocent people who were doing nothing. A 9 year old just got shot recently, and it's been quiet as a church about that... This kid got shot high on drugs holding a knife walking down a busy street, slashing cop cars tires. What do you think is going to happen to you?

I may have missed it, but what was Laquan's past history?

I live in the Chicago area, and still can't find it or know anyone that knows.

flash0080

Established Member
There's no set # of shots that make it ok or not ok. You shoot until the threat is neutralized. You don't neutralize a threat and then keep pumping rounds into him until your mag emties, especially when you then have to make up a lie to justify said shooting.

Perfect. So this officer thought 16 was enough to neutralize the threat. Got it.

2001sleeper

Established Member
There are a lot of things that will be brought out during the trial and I think it's best to hear them before passing judgement

Because the department is all of a sudden going to be honest in trial? This is yet another corrupt department participating in a cover up and they will do what they can to protect themselves. This is why the public judges these situations so harshly as there have been enough situations of injustice lead by law enforcement.

Video evidence is all we have these days to honestly judge law enforcement and this video is pretty darn clear.

cbj5259

Established Member
Because the department is all of a sudden going to be honest in trial? This is yet another corrupt department participating in a cover up and they will do what they can to protect themselves. This is why the public judges these situations so harshly as there have been enough situations of injustice lead by law enforcement.

Video evidence is all we have these days to honestly judge law enforcement and this video is pretty darn clear.
Ah....you are right. To hell with due process then I suppose.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Easy. They covered it up because they don't want people acting like animals and burning their city to the ground as well as risking more lives. I would do the same thing. The same people demanding 'justice' are incapable of acting like rational beings - look at Ferguson and Baltimore for examples in case you've forgotten.

I do like how every media picture I see of the knife wielding punk is him in his cap and gown. What a joke. If officers are telling you to drop your weapon and you don't, anything that happens after that is on you. Sorry.

Don't for one minute think that white people have never rioted and caused millions in damages to private property. City's have been destroyed after championships have been won, but I guess that's OK because people just got a little carried-away. Haaaaaa! That's acting like rational beings...

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't for one minute think that white people have never rioted and caused millions in damages to private property. City's have been destroyed after championships have been won, but I guess that's OK because people just got a little carried-away. Haaaaaa!

I didn't say they haven't. In fact, I didn't comment on race at all.

Users who are viewing this thread